The BlackHawk

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

BLACK-HAWK

Re: The BlackHawk

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Sat Feb 01, 2014 11:03 am

This game we call life really must hate me and wants me to lose...

2001#194 (Unicorn)

slowbird780

Post by slowbird780 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 6:14 pm

It still works right? Lol jk

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:48 pm

Shocks replaced on the FJ as well as the CV boots and an axle seal.. Think a wheel bearing it going out now.. about 100k miles and lots off off roading is taking it's toll!

Wife update:

Got the transmission back from Tick! Working on getting the bell housing off to R&R the clutch. I got 4 bolts off so far! Maybe if I conjure up the motivation to get the rest of them this weekend I can move on to the starter!... Anyhow, I can get into more detail if desired about the attached picture but at this time I don't know if I can fully recommend Tick Performance, Hopefully their rebuilds are 10x's better then their shitty packing job that they blamed on UPS shipping for it's delivery condition knowing all too well that they do not treat packages with care resulting in container blowout which they have posted on their website in a 13 step recommended procedure for the transmission owner on how to pack their transmission as tight as possible to prevent sliding around and weight shifting which is exactly what caused my transmission to be returned to me in such a way. Too bad i didn't take pictures of my packing job encasing the entire transmission cardboard, packed super tight with packing paper and bubble wrap, the lid zip tied on, banded in-case the zip ties failed and banded to a small pallet. The large pallet in the picture, the container was so broken it couldn't be removed from the truck by hand so my buddy used a pallet from the shop to put it on and didn't want to touch it till I saw it in person. No external damage from my visual inspection. Again, they might rebuild a nasty transmission but I don't know if I can fully recommend them just based off their piss poor packaging job.

Steps 4 & 5,
4- Line the bottom and sides of your container with packaging material; we use cardboard and it works well. In our experience, it is best to keep at least 6" of material on each side, including the bottom and top. Please do not use packaging peanuts or any material harder than plastic (wood, metal, etc) because these items fail to protect the transmission sufficiently.
5- Insert your transmission into the container and begin to fill it with packing material. Your goal is to pack your transmission very tightly. The more room it has to move, the more likely it is to bust through your container during shipping, risking damage. A well packaged transmission can't move at all.

2001#194 (Unicorn)

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:09 am

The Hawk Rises!!!! ...... Again!
2001#194 (Unicorn)

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:49 am

Now just take it easy on it so it survives a little while longer! :lol:

slowbird780

Post by slowbird780 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:36 am

Glad to hear

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:07 pm

She's gone but will not be forgotten .... Someday when I'm out of debt perhaps I'llbe afforded the oopportunity to buy her back... Or! Will be on the lookout for the elusive SOM.... Or a Z06... Only time will tell.......

Its soomething that was predictable and in the end it's right .. It was the best time of my life...
2001#194 (Unicorn)

blinkn

Post by blinkn » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:57 pm

glad she's sold. sad it's not in my driveway. 8)