00 Hawk soon to be looking for a new home.. fair price?

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

FHCNinja

00 Hawk soon to be looking for a new home.. fair price?

Post by FHCNinja » Tue May 17, 2011 5:34 am

Hey guys,
Not sure if this belongs here or in the for sale section, so feel free to move it. Looking into selling my Firehawk and not really sure where to start. Car looks great, sounds great and drives great. Minor rock chips on the hood and the chrome is starting to peel on the insides of the wheels. One ding on the rear bumper where someone evidently bumped into me in the parking lot and took a small (1-2 inch) chip out of the paint. Car has 92k miles on it and while I can't vouch for what the first owner did with the original 30k miles, most of my driving has been out in the back roads cruising through the twisties around 1500-2krpm. From what I've seen of the Firehawk spreadsheets, it's one of 6 red formulas with t-tops and a 6-speed that year. Cloth interior, power mirrors and windows. Carfax shows the previous owner was in two accidents before selling it at 30k miles. Most of the mods and maintenance have been done by myself or a mechanic friend of mine, so not much of a paper trail as far as regular maintenance goes. Car gets LOTS of compliments on the look and sound everywhere I go. I understand that being higher mileage with mods and accidents on the record more or less exclude it from the collectors market, but I figure it makes it a prime candidate for someone like myself who was looking for a sharp, unique looking car that's fun to drive without having to worry about putting miles on it and ruining any "collectors" value. Posted this on LS1Tech and only got one reply saying around $10k sounded fair, does that sound about right?

Mods:
-ls7 clutch, ls6 flywheel, updated 01-02 master/slave cylinders with 30k miles
-volant airbox (looks good and mates nicely with the firehawk nostrils, I run within about 5 degrees of ambient)
-ls6 intake manifold (still have the original)
-strut tower brace
-GMMG exhaust
-level 2 firehawk bilstein/eibach shocks and springs with 30k miles
-cags, egr and air all disabled and removed (boxed up and will be sold with the car)
-car's been tuned since the intake manifold install