New Hawk owner.

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Gamikatsu

New Hawk owner.

Post by Gamikatsu » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:34 pm

Hello!!!

My name is Edward. I am an 8.5 year Staff Sergeant in the USAF. i just purchased my dream vehicle. a 02 Trans am Firehawk Automatic Trans. it is a SLP Base model, as in it only got a hood, emblems, and rims. did not get optional suspension packages, or blackwing lid. it does have full exhaust, pacesetter long tube headers, and possibly a SLPloudmouth muffler, full 3 inch, 2 into 1 exhaust with cat deletes. past the exhaust, the car is bone stock. it had a aftermarket tune on it when i bought it but i immediatly had GM flash it back to factory settings. the car is Arctic white exterior, charcol grey/black interior (leather) and t tops. build #153 has a build date of 08/01. The car had a failing fuel pump when i bought it, and i changed a lot trying to diagnose the problem (bad idle qualities, lean codes, rich codes, misfire codes, very poor mpg's). finally the pump failed... no biggie as the car came with a warranty. all in all, i LOVE the car. its so much fun to drive, and turns so many heads.

I have but one request... i am looking for a replacement Firehawk key fob... as mine didn't come with any of the original SLP equipment, floor mats, birth cert, etc... i nkow you can buy new stuff through SLP, but its not the same as the original... i'm not as concerned on the floor mats for now but the key fob i do want... anyone have any insight?

Edward

96AZHAWK

Re: New Hawk owner.

Post by 96AZHAWK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:13 pm

Welcome to the group!

What "original" parts are you looking for exactly?

Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:28 pm

Right now... the keychain fob. Not the keyless entry. I'll probably order the mats embroidered with my cars number from SLP.

snivley

Post by snivley » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:31 pm

Welcome,have fun with the hawk!

TTOP350

Post by TTOP350 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:54 pm

Now that the fuelpump is replaced, I would have the cars tune checked or retuned by a reputable shop to make sure its ok with the headers and exhaust.
There could be other internal changes that your not aware of.

Welcome, good luck and thank you for your service.
Always looking for SLP/Firehawk parts for 3rdgen birds.
PM me.

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:58 pm

Welcome to the family Brother!!

don't do what I did ~SSgt 8) (hopefully Tech come Jun)
2001#194 (Unicorn)

sleepinghawk

Post by sleepinghawk » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:23 pm

Congrats and welcome to the site!
Fquick Page
My Cardomain site

2002 Trans am FireHawk #1426

Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:42 am

Thanks all!

I haven't picked it up yet. They called me and asked me what was done to it because the service manager who test drove it said it was faster than his 08 corvette. I told them to stop hot rodding my car. I can't wait to go get her. Oh and about the tune... its all factory tune. When I bought it I had the factory tune flashed back to it. I didn't know what was done to the car... and it wasn't running right at all with the tune that was in it. Now I know why.

Thanks for the warm welcome.

drumhawk

Post by drumhawk » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:23 pm

Gamikatsu wrote:They called me and asked me what was done to it because the service manager who test drove it said it was faster than his 08 corvette.
Congrats on your purchase and thanks for your service but as far as your service manager saying the hawk will beat his 08 corvette I can't see how? The LS3 has 435hp and vehicle weight is almost 1000 lbs lighter than a LS1 hawk, without an air intake and running headers/exhaust with a tune I can't see the hawk beating the C6.ImageHere's the engine of my 02 hawk, I have a C6 and it beats the hawk in every way except for being rare.
02 Formula Firehawk CO#54 (sold)

Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:05 am

Omg drum hawk... where did you get the plate with your car number onbyournpassenger head? That looks amazing.

Stupid... what does the C mean in the number. My car is 2002 #153. Does it have a C in there too?

Still learning.

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:36 pm

Congrat's on your new ride!
Welcome a'board', ... 8)

They can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 'C' was for the Canadian-market cars.

drumhawk

Post by drumhawk » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:39 pm

PontiacFan is correct the CO# is a canadian order, SLP sold the engine plaques, I love the 10th Ann hawk and if you ever have to part with it hit me up and I will insure it finds a great home, here's the headrests I had designed with a custom leather interior, someone else should do them too, enjoy your hawk Gamikatsu. Image
02 Formula Firehawk CO#54 (sold)

Gamikatsu

Post by Gamikatsu » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:56 am

wow, that headrest embroidry is a work of pure beauty.

99Hawk521

Post by 99Hawk521 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:58 pm

Who did those headrests?

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 pm

99Hawk521 wrote:Who did those headrests?
Grant in College Station, TX is the one who has a good history of doing many custom embroidered headrests.
Try the search function & you might find his email address

Here's another recent thread on Tech that has some other person doing them also.
http://ls1tech.com/forums/appearance-de ... diery.html

Contact Grant Banta at pontiacfirehawk2002131@yahoo.com
He's in College Station, TX, I believe.
If you are a Facebook user, you can find him there also.
Take'em off, send'em to'im, & he'll fix ya up.

This is his LS1Tech profile.
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/member.php?u=18382

Lots of threads on this kind of information, & it seem that they ALL point to Grant.
Sommer86 on LS1Tech has also said that 6LE's website can provide that service.