New Firehawk Owner

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

BuellXB12Irving

New Firehawk Owner

Post by BuellXB12Irving » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:30 am

Hey guys, just bought a 2000 Firehawk and couldn't be more happy that there is a complete Firehawk forum.

I wanted to start out my first post with asking how I find out everything that has been done to my Firehawk. I want all the details on it to see what it came with from the factory.

Second, the rear speakers are completely blown, I noticed there may or may not be a Monsoon system according to some posts. If there is... what are a good set of speakers to put in?

All your help is much appreciated!

1badchicken

Re: New Firehawk Owner

Post by 1badchicken » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:30 am

just my .02 , if it is a monsoon system I would look for stock replacements from a low mileage f body. I believe the Ohms are different and its actually a nice sound system as is.
Post pics
Take a look at the owners websites your hawk might be listed already which has the breakdown
http://www.firehawkowners.com/websites.html

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:44 am

Welcome a'board', ..., 8)

Is the car already listed on the Firehawkowners.com website?
If not, consider getting it registered.
If so, maybe there is some additional info there.

Can you post photos?
Can you see or read any possible SLP door tags on the passenger side, which should list the second sticker options?

BuellXB12Irving

Post by BuellXB12Irving » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:39 pm

PontiacFan wrote:Welcome a'board', ..., 8)

Is the car already listed on the Firehawkowners.com website?
If not, consider getting it registered.
If so, maybe there is some additional info there.

Can you post photos?
Can you see or read any possible SLP door tags on the passenger side, which should list the second sticker options?

I checked out the firehawkowners website, how do I find out from that info if my car has been registered already? Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by the SLP door tags. I ran the VIN on compnine.com to get all the codes for it. That's all I know so far

I will post pics very soon!

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:04 pm

BuellXB12Irving wrote:I checked out the firehawkowners website, how do I find out from that info if my car has been registered already? Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by the SLP door tags.
The door jambs should have the SLP stickers. Look on the end of the door when you open it.
Driver's side should have the modification tags on the wheels, etc., & the passenger side has the extra added SLP options. Such as "Chrome Wheels", ...

So you must not know the car number yet, is that correct?
You need to call SLP with the VIN & they can tell you.
Or there are a few people around here that may be able to help with that also.

fb_rider

Post by fb_rider » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:12 pm

Kee Audio sells a great set of perfectly matched speakers. I have the level 2 set and I'm very happy with it on my stock Monsoon system. Looks like the price will be going up soon.

http://www.keeaudio.com/fbodyspeakers.html
1977 Trans Am W72 SE (sold)
1999 Trans Am 30th Anniversary number 953 (sold)
2000 Trans Am Firehawk number 263 (sold)

BuellXB12Irving

Post by BuellXB12Irving » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:39 am

PontiacFan wrote:
BuellXB12Irving wrote:I checked out the firehawkowners website, how do I find out from that info if my car has been registered already? Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by the SLP door tags.
The door jambs should have the SLP stickers. Look on the end of the door when you open it.
Driver's side should have the modification tags on the wheels, etc., & the passenger side has the extra added SLP options. Such as "Chrome Wheels", ...

So you must not know the car number yet, is that correct?
You need to call SLP with the VIN & they can tell you.
Or there are a few people around here that may be able to help with that also.
Awesome, thanks for the info about the passenger side door... I only looked at the drivers side. I do not know the firehawk car number, I will try and give SLP a call today to see what I can find out. I'm going to try and post some pics after this post, very happy with the car thus far :D

BuellXB12Irving

Post by BuellXB12Irving » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:45 am

Here are just a few pics I took this past weekend.