unregistered 10th Anniversary Firehawk

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

g.conway

unregistered 10th Anniversary Firehawk

Post by g.conway » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:23 pm

I just bought the 10th Anniversary Firehawk #67 as per the SLP Birth Certificate. It should be delivered here next week. The previous owner cannot find the window stickers. Can I get copies from SLP or GM.

http://www.velocemotorcar.com/detail-20 ... 94289.html
Last edited by g.conway on Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

PontiacFan

Re: unregistered 10th Anniversary Firehawk

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Welcome a'board', ..., 8)
Where ya located?
Close enough to attend the Firehawk Rally in early August in Norwalk, Ohio?!?

You can get an SLP 'Second Sticker' option adder sticker from SLP for a cost, & a 'Birth Certificate' also.
You can search here for the SLP phone number, or try a Google search too.

Here, found some info for ya, ...
http://www.firehawk.org/article/2747.html

Examples in this old thread;
http://ls1tech.com/forums/special-editi ... worth.html

g.conway

Post by g.conway » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:15 am

I live 3 hours north of of fargo ND. In Winnipeg Manitoba. I have the birth certificate. I will contact SLP for the windos sticker. I here that they are hard to get a hold of right now. Has anyone contacted GM for a replacement window sticker?

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:24 am

Sideshow

Post by Sideshow » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:46 am

g.conway wrote:I live 3 hours north of of fargo ND. In Winnipeg Manitoba. I have the birth certificate. I will contact SLP for the windos sticker. I here that they are hard to get a hold of right now. Has anyone contacted GM for a replacement window sticker?
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase! I'm another Winnipegger myself! 8)
2001 NBM T/A Firehawk Convertible
All GM options, MN6
SLP options - Bilstein, Auburn, Chrome Wheels, Cover, Portfolio, Personalized Mat
Custom FRC's & head plate
, DG SFC's & STB, Loudmouth II

g.conway

Post by g.conway » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:51 pm

Just received the title today. Transport leaves for Florida this weekend. This car was bought new in New York then moved to Florida in 2010. One owner, 14100 Miles, totaly origional. Rumer has it that there are no stone chips or scuffs any where but cant tell from here. SLP Options: 10th Anniversary package, Bilstein Suspension, Auburn Differential, Floor Mats, Rear Dec Mat and Portfolio. No car cover or key fobs.
There were 139 10th Anniversary firehawks built. Mine is an automatic of which SLP only built 32. There were 3 interior colors available; Tan, Grey and Black. Mine is Black Leather. There are two styles of Interiors. One has pleated side panels on the sides of the seat backs and the other has smooth side panels on the sides of the seat backs. Mine has smooth side panels. Even the power seat controls are different on two styles of seats. SLP must have purposely selecetd as many different interior option cars as possible to make up the 139 Anniversary Cars. 32 automatic cars built with 6 different interior option packages possible. It would be interesting to see the number breakdown on that. If you start adding the major options like Auburn and Bilstein then many of these 10th Anniversarys are going to be very exclusive numbered cars.

Maplehawk

Post by Maplehawk » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:23 pm

Welcome to the board. Glad you found us.

Just a few notes, the three interior colors (colours) wereL Ebony, Taupe and Camel.

The breakdowns are sort of available. In the book I've written coming out right away.

The most interesting thing I read in your descirption is the AR9 seats verses the AQ9 seats. The AR( is the base seat and not common on a heavily optioned T/A.

Do you have Traction Control and the rear 12 disc CD changer? those are the two other available options.

Also, do you know the base SLP #? Based on the 10th Anniversayr number I'm pegging it around 341 to 353.
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Wagon
Proud Member - Firehawk Association of America
Author of Firehawk - Fiercest of the Firebirds

g.conway

Post by g.conway » Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:37 am

I am assuming that the smooth sided seats are the AR9's. I like the smooth sided look. I won't know about the traction control or the CD changer till the car arrives in Winnipeg next week. Just received a call from SLP. She says my build number is 341. She is going to print a copy of my SLP Window Sticker and send it to me. For apx. 75 bucks delivered.
I looked on the 10th Anniversary firehawk registry and only 2 of the cars listed the AR9 European style seats. I found one car more in Alberta with the AR9 seats. That makes 4 of us. 2 Automatics & 2 Manuals. Gotta love It.

Firebrian

Post by Firebrian » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:17 pm

Check the undercarriage of the car closely once you get it. The carriers often use J-hooks attached to the frame drain holes. Those are notorious for widening those holes and making them oblong and shrapnel-like. I've had several cars shipped to me by major carriers over the years and every time they caused frame damage. They always say they'll be careful, but evidently never careful enough.

g.conway

Post by g.conway » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:01 am

The car arrived in Winnipeg Tuesday. It looks the way a 14000 mile car should look. Not a scratch or chip on the car. The interior is in grest shape. The origional tires are starting to crack on the shoulders. Time to order new ones. Has anyone tried the Firehawk Wide Oval Indy 500's? I ordered a set from Firestone today. They claimed that these are the last set at Firestone and they won't be doing an other production run till next year. Comming from Portland Oregon in
3 weeks. I like low production number cars, but tires??
I do not have the cd stacker or Traction control. Why would anyone want to put traction control on a true muscle car? Thats like hobbling a race horse. My RPO code sheet does not list cruse control as an option but i do have it. An other bonus is the power antenna mast is black when the RPO code says that it is chrome. My RPO code for my seats is AR9 This is the Delux European Style. I was told that that these were the base modle seats. I would not buy a Firehawk unless it had these seats. I was looking at a firebird WS6 at a car show this weekend and it had the AQ9 luxury seats in it with the huge plastic shields on the back of the seats held on with the plastic christmas tree pushin plugs. The leather was splitting where the holes were drilled for the plugs. Thes seats looked cheap. The European style seats are leather all the way around. No plastic shields.

Sideshow

Post by Sideshow » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:05 am

Congrats! We'll have to get together and compare rides some time. Sounds like you got yourself a real beauty! 8)
All GM options, MN6
SLP options - Bilstein, Auburn, Chrome Wheels, Cover, Portfolio, Personalized Mat

g.conway

Post by g.conway » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:13 am

Sounds like a plan. 7810731. g.conway@shaw.ca
Took my car in for safety and now have a large gouge in 1 rim. This will be an interesting discussion.

Maplehawk

Post by Maplehawk » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:55 pm

Guys,

I have a business convention on Winnipeg this September. Interested in a Firehawk cruise night?
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Wagon
Proud Member - Firehawk Association of America
Author of Firehawk - Fiercest of the Firebirds

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:49 am

Maplehawk wrote:Guys,

I have a business convention on Winnipeg this September. Interested in a Firehawk cruise night?
Hmmm, ..., When?

Sideshow

Post by Sideshow » Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:13 am

Maplehawk wrote:Guys,

Absolutely! I'll PM you my contact information.
All GM options, MN6