2013 Appalachian Beach Run Firehawks & Trans Ams

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

cheigis

2013 Appalachian Beach Run Firehawks & Trans Ams

Post by cheigis » Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:37 am

This is The Appalachian Beach Run set to start Monday Sept 16t-20th.This run is to benifit http://tnbcfoundation.org/. We will be going all the way to the Outer Banks of North Carolina from Pigeon Forge. Also the the the starting point Pigeon Forge will have the Grand Fall Rod Run that weekend so its perfect. This is a great alternative for people who are unable to attend 'Bandit Run" or simply want to go at a different time. All cars are welcome and it's going to be a blast. Hope to see you'll there and if any questions feel free to ask anytime.

Day 1 - Pigeon Forge TN to Asheville NC
Day 2 - Asheville NC to Boone NC
Day 3 - Boone NC to Concord NC
Day 4 - Concord NC to Outer Banks NC
Day 5 - Outer Banks NC to Ocracoke Island NC

Day 1 - Lunch Biltmore Estate, Dinner Wild Wings Café
Day 2 - Lunch Grandfather Mtn, Dinner Mellow Mushroom Pizza
Day 3 - Lunch Nascar Hall of Fame, Dinner Hooters
Day 4 - Lunch McLeans Ol Time Café, Zebulon , Dinner BK Shukkers
Day 5 - Lunch Sandbar & Grille Cape Hatteras, Dinner TBA

Saturday & Sunday September 14th & 15th:
Music Road Hotel
303 Henderson Chapel Rd
Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
800-429-7700 $119.00 (Mention Appalachian Beach Run) or go to website
www.musicroadhospitality.com and click reservations at the bottom of page click “Group” at top of navigation bar and enter group ID 4724 password 37001755 and then select reservation and follow steps indicated. You have a choice of King or two doubles. Note: I have blocked rooms for the whole weekend but you don’t have to book the whole weekend you can book Sunday is you prefer. A full complimentary breakfast is included. Must make reservations by Aug 12. We will meet Monday downstairs at 9:00 a.m. for introduction to the run and pre-run briefing. We will depart afterwards.

Monday September 16th:
Holiday Inn Biltmore
1450 Tunnel Rd
Asheville, NC 28805
888-298-5611 $99.88 (including tax) must make reservation no later than August 26th and can reserve their room using 3-letter code ABR to receive your rate when booking online at www.biltmorehotels.com or by calling the toll free number. Dinner will be at my house or Wild Wings Café which is free. If you want to purchase an advance ticket for the Biltmore Estate please call 1-866-851-4661 and reference code 454 to lock your ticket at $39.00...Some people might want to do the winery as well and i will check into a rate for this to be added.

Tuesday September 17th:
Courtyard by Marriott
1050 Hwy 105
Boone, NC 28607
828-265-7676 $100.35 (including tax) must make reservations by August 15th this also includes breakfast and the option to book two doubles or a king. Breakfast is NOT included however a bistro is located inside the hotel. Please call direct for booking also option for two queens or one king. We will be stopping at Grandfather Mountain and i have established a group rate of $16.00 for adult, $7.00 for Children and $13.00 if your over 60. When we arrive at gate just mention your with the group. Dinner at Mellows Mushroom.

Wednesday September 18th:
Springhill Suites/Concord Mills
7811 Gateway Ln NW
Concord, NC 28027
704-979-2500 $111.87 (including tax) must make reservations by August 20th. This is near Concord Mills NC largest mall. It will include a light breakfast. If we meet 25 rooms they will give us a $10.00 discount on all the rooms. We will have dinner at Hooters. ( Must reference Appalachian Beach Run) or use link attached at Facebook top description.
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/c ... p=resvlink

Thursday September 19th:
Shutters on the Banks
405 S Va Dare Trail
Kill Devil Hills, NC 27948
252-441-5581 $99.57 (including tax) must make reservations ASAP as the Outer Banks fills up quick.You have until August 22nd to book your rooms.. Breakfast is included. You have the option to upgrade to certain types of ocean views if you like please ask for options then you call to book and don’t forget to mention (Appalachian Beach Run) Awesome bar across street called Port O Call so this is where we will raise hell! Dinner is at an All U CAN EAT seafood place called Captain Georges.
We will be filling up with fuel at the Shell station in Manteo upon arrival since the have the best selection of fuel.

Friday September 20th
NOTE: We will have to split the group up on Ocracoke, the island does not have many places to stay. Since we are arriving on a Friday most places require a two day stay. Since most places are closed and only a few places are open I am limited on obtaining single night stays but they are available at smaller hotels. What I propose is I will provide a list of hotels and numbers and each person must call and book their own rooms. I do recommend trying to stay 2 nights as it is a very relaxing atmosphere and very private and quiet beaches. The hotels I recommend in order of recommendations are below. HOT: Whatever day you leave if you leave going to Swan Quarter you have to call in advance to get on the Ferry roster. If you are going back through Hatteras the ferry leaves every 45 min. Everything is very close and within walking distance of each other.
You can make reservations if you know what time you are leaving (https://ferry.ncdot.gov/) Ferry is free!

Pony Island Hotel (www.ponyislandmotel.com) 252-928-4411 INLAND
Ocracoke Harbor Inn (www.ocracokeharborinn.com) 252-928-5731 HARBOR VIEW
Silver Lake Motel & Inn (www.silverlakemotelandinn.com) 252-928-5721 HARBOR VIEW
Harbor Side Motel (www.ocracokeharborside.com) 252-928-3111 HARBOR VIEW
Blackbeards Lodge (www.blackbeardslodge.com) 252-928-3421 INLAND
The Anchorage Inn and Marina (www.theanchorageinn.com) 252-928-1101 HARBOR VIEW
Sand Dollar Motel (www.sanddollarmotelocracoke.com) 252-928-5721 INLAND

https://www.facebook.com/events/241460489321591/