1994 Firehawk centercaps (screw in not snap in)...

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Hawk85

1994 Firehawk centercaps (screw in not snap in)...

Post by Hawk85 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:17 am

Fellow Firehawk owners...

I have a 1994 Firehawk who I am doing my best to restore her to her former glory. One of the few remaining pieces to the puzzle are a set of centercaps. I thought that I had a set on eBay, but realized that they are the "snap-in" style rather than the "screw-in" style. Does anyone out there have a bead on a clean set? Also, until I am able to find a nice set, I am willing to use a nice aftermarket cap. Any recommendations?

I would also be willing to send mine off and have them re-chromed - if any opt you could recommend a good shop for that as well, I would be greatly appreciative!

Thanks in advance,

~ Archangel (1994 Firehawk #85)
1994 Firehawk #085

HawkLT1

Re: 1994 Firehawk centercaps (screw in not snap in)...

Post by HawkLT1 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:51 pm

I found a set of "ROH" screw in center caps that were exactly the same except for the aforementioned logo being different. Been years ago but maybe a search for will turn up something. Good luck.
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Originator of the west coast "FirehawkFest"
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

NyteWzrd

Post by NyteWzrd » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:39 pm

Look for "ROH center caps" on ebay. Also make sure the stamp on the inside of the cap is "AC5075", that is stamped on my 94 Firehawk wheels. They are expensive. Also check Group_A_Wheels they sell the cap and ring for $65.00. Definitely not cheap.

Hawk85

Post by Hawk85 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:18 pm

I have run a few searches against the eBay database. There are a few positive hits that I am looking at...nothing concrete just yet. However, I do have a question regarding the ROH centercaps...is it easy to replace the center of the centercaps with the Firehawk logo?

Thanks for the heads up about the Group A Wheels site. I checked them out, but I can not seem to find just the centercaps. If you get a chance, could you post the url to the page?

Thanks in advance!
1994 Firehawk #085

NyteWzrd

Post by NyteWzrd » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:05 am

Sorry, I'm not always online. To replace the ROH center with Firehawk takes a lot of PATIENCE. I very carefully used a heat gun on the ROH logo to soften the glue. Gently pried the logo off with a plastic knife. Too much heat and the chrome warps. After center removed use Goo Gone to remove any remaining glue. Then applied Firehawk logo to cleaned surface.

Group A Wheels are on Ebay;
http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROH-Wheels-Rims ... 1437wt_758

They do have a website: http://www.groupawheels.com/

I didn't find the caps there though.

Hawk85

Post by Hawk85 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:18 pm

No worries! I "try" not to live too much online...gets me into all sorts of trouble...namely spending too much money!

At any rate, I will pick up a set of the ROH center caps. At the very least, they are the only ones that I have seen that are even close to the originals. I will try your heat gun trick (and of course, I will try not to ruin them...patience is NOT my strong suit).

Will let you know how they turn out.

Thanks a million for the replies!
1994 Firehawk #085