Any idea what this car could be worth?

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

rws1

Any idea what this car could be worth?

Post by rws1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:02 pm

Hi guys,new to the site. I have a lead on a 1994 firehawk. It's the purple color-only 10 made that year. Tan interior-only 19 made that year. Car has less than 17,000 miles.Car has been sitting in a garage for a few years. Was told gas was drained out of tank. Obviously the whole car has to be gone over. Any idea what this car could be worth? I haven't seen any real great prices online but haven't seen this combination with this low mileage. Any help would be great! Thanks.

BLACK-HAWK

Re: Any idea what this car could be worth?

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:36 pm

I'm going to say price reflects intent. if you plan to actually drive it I might say high single digest, low double's... if you plan on letting it sit and collect dust hoping that the off chance it will gain value, mid to high teens. over all it's worth how ever much you are willing to pay for it. Although I'm not a purple fan I would go out on a limb and say $12k would be my personal limit
2001#194 (Unicorn)

rws1

Post by rws1 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:47 pm

Thanks for the input. I know anything is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I just wasn't sure what a car like this would bring with the color combo and low mileage.Thanks again.

Maplehawk

Post by Maplehawk » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:25 am

That is a rare color and the tan interior makes it especially unusual. That being said, there have been so few grey-purple cars changing hands it's not possible to gauge that boost in price if there is one.

The market price for a 1994 is very much driven by:
1. Mileage on the car. Ned's to be sub 10,000 for a bump.
2. SLP options. Exhaust at a minimum.
3. General condition
4. 6 speeds tend to be slightly higher.
5. Typos make no difference unless they are in bad shape.

1994s are generally selling in the mid to low teens depending on these factors. High mileage cars are dropping into the $4,000 and up range.

Hard to say for your car without photos and more detail. Would love to see/hear more about it.
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Wagon
Proud Member - Firehawk Association of America
Author of Firehawk - Fiercest of the Firebirds