Favorite Firehawk Body Style?

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

DraganHawk

Re: Favorite Firehawk Body Style?

Post by DraganHawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:27 am

as far as I'm concerned........this is the only & real Firehawk. Everything else was named after the tire.........sorry to burst bubbles. But if you want to get technical.......this IS the only real Firehawk....................

redhawk

Post by redhawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:03 pm

And if you want to get technical, that's just a tire with a name slapped on it too.
2002 Trans Am Firehawk Vert #25 Red w/Ebony Interior w/M6 1 of 19 built
2002 Trans Am Firehawk T-top #162 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Camel Interior 1 of 7
1978 Trans Am Martinique Blue w/Black Deluxe Interior Owned since 7/82

DraganHawk

Post by DraganHawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:01 pm

redhawk wrote:And if you want to get technical, that's just a tire with a name slapped on it too.
Firehawk is the name slapped onto the tire......difference is the Firestone named the tire Firehawk.......that is the tire's name. Then .........the actual name of that tire..........was slapped onto the firebird, just as the Competition TA tire by BF Goodrich was slapped onto the silver cars, (Comp TA). So by you stating that you don't consider the G8 a "real" Firehawk, do you mean you don't consider it a real tire named by Firestone???? Or you don't consider it a real tire's name made into stickers slapped onto the G8 (like it is on the Firebirds)?????

DraganHawk

Post by DraganHawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:19 pm

And don't worry.......I have 1 of those tire named slapped on sticker cars......
Grass is eaten by Grasshopper is eaten by Toad is eaten by Snake is eaten by Hawk is eaten by Dragan
1976 50th Anniversary 400 Trans Am
1976 50th Anniversary 455 Trans Am
1989 Daytona 500 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am
2001 SLP 10th Anniversary Firehawk

redhawk

Post by redhawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:49 pm

Man, we're getting way of course here. All I'm saying is I don't consider the G8 Firehawk in the same catagory as a Firebird Firehawk. And yea, I know the topic is Favorite Firehawk Body Style so I guess you could consider the G8 in this thread. I just chose not to that's all.
2002 Trans Am Firehawk T-top #162 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Camel Interior 1 of 7

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:44 pm

redhawk wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I don't consider the G8 a Firehawk.
Not sure how it is debatable. The G8 Firehawks are Firehawks. I don't know why some f-body owners take offense to it.
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:49 pm

DraganHawk wrote:And don't worry.......I have 1 of those tire named slapped on sticker cars......
And it is one of the extra ugly black and gold ones. I mean come one, black and gold???
'94 Hawk #110

redhawk

Post by redhawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 8:33 pm

Scott Chab wrote:
redhawk wrote:I don't know about anyone else, but I don't consider the G8 a Firehawk.
Not sure how it is debatable. The G8 Firehawks are Firehawks. I don't know why some f-body owners take offense to it.
I think most of us know why.

DraganHawk

Post by DraganHawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:33 pm

redhawk wrote:
Scott Chab wrote:
I think most of us know why.
I know why.........because most Firehawk owners think their fbody car was made from Burt Reynold's own hands and given the power of 1,000,000 horses. Some think since it's a Firehawk, it's automatically collectible and worth 3x more used than it was new. And the biggest reason........Firehawk owners can't believe their fbody Hawk will get chewed up and spitten out by a 4 door Firehawk. The G8 hawk is more comfortable ride. Has 4 doors. Rear seats are usable. Has a real trunk. It's supercharged. Has so so many more options than fbody Hawk. The G8 hawk out stops the fbody hawk, out performs the fbody hawk in 0-60, 1/4 mile etc.
Can't have that!!!! No way!!!! Our fbody hawks are GOD's gift to us. Not this better all the around G8 thing!!! How dare they take a 4 door that betters the fbody in every single way and slap on the Firehawk sticker??? How??? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

DraganHawk

Post by DraganHawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:36 pm

The G8 has metal professional looking Firehawk emblems. Our fbody's have stickers like the Honda's V-Tec. Lol to the lol. Even the G8s Firehawk emblem is better than out stickers!!

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:01 pm

DraganHawk wrote:The G8 has metal professional looking Firehawk emblems. Our fbody's have stickers like the Honda's V-Tec. Lol to the lol. Even the G8s Firehawk emblem is better than out stickers!!
I have 3 of the G8 Hawk emblems. Just debating if I want to put them on my car or not.
'94 Hawk #110

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:04 pm

DraganHawk wrote: I know why.........because most Firehawk owners think their fbody car was made from Burt Reynold's own hands and given the power of 1,000,000 horses. Some think since it's a Firehawk, it's automatically collectible and worth 3x more used than it was new. And the biggest reason........Firehawk owners can't believe their fbody Hawk will get chewed up and spitten out by a 4 door Firehawk. The G8 hawk is more comfortable ride. Has 4 doors. Rear seats are usable. Has a real trunk. It's supercharged. Has so so many more options than fbody Hawk. The G8 hawk out stops the fbody hawk, out performs the fbody hawk in 0-60, 1/4 mile etc.
Can't have that!!!! No way!!!! Our fbody hawks are GOD's gift to us. Not this better all the around G8 thing!!! How dare they take a 4 door that betters the fbody in every single way and slap on the Firehawk sticker??? How??? Noooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
:lol:
'94 Hawk #110

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:12 pm

Once again, ..., :lol:

DraganHawk

Post by DraganHawk » Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:35 pm

They might look cool on yours Chabby with your rims. Tape them on and send a pic. I'd like to see what it look like.
Kelly, we both know there is only 1 best looking Firehawk...... :naughty: the dual stripes one. Lol

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:52 pm

normally I would go off on a tangent but I'll just say it's a cute looking little 4 door. I'm still trying to figure out why the Firehawk badges on the G8 were so small...
2001#194 (Unicorn)