Can anyone help?

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

firehawk1120nj

Can anyone help?

Post by firehawk1120nj » Tue Jun 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Looking to get my firehawk registered in NJ at the DMV as a collector car because I can't pass inspection. I have a couple codes that won't clear.

I need a letter from the manufacturer, but Pontiac no longer exists and no chevy dealer is willing to help me out. OR I need a letter from a recognized car club.

Basically the letter needs to state that the Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk was produced in limited numbers.

Not sure if I can get something like that from this board but if not can someone tell me where I might be able to get something like that.

Thanks

BLACK-HAWK

Re: Can anyone help?

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Tue Jun 17, 2014 3:14 pm

Need more info... What year car? Contact SLP for the letter and let me know how that's works out for you
2001#194 (Unicorn)

firehawk1120nj

Post by firehawk1120nj » Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:23 pm

SLP was useless. I tried them first. I was told if we write letters it is all we would be doing all day long. Basically they said we can't be bothered go f yourself.

It is a 2002 trans am firehawk nbm a4. Original owner. Approx 25k miles on it. I sent in my information to register it on firehawk.org but they said there were like 63 cars in que or something.

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:05 pm

Give Hagerty a call for advice. Other then that, i think you might have to wait till she turns 20yrs old. Or! Come to Firehawk Rally which is held in conjunction with PONTIAC Nationals! You might be able to find d a Pontiac guy or 2 who has more insight. 20th Anniversary Firehawk Rally! Be there!
2001#194 (Unicorn)

Phil

Post by Phil » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:53 am

I don't know if you've tried it yet, but there is still a Pontiac customer assistance center. The number is 800-762-2737, or if you go to www.pontiac.com they have an email contact form also.

You might have to be persistent, but I've heard of others getting letters from GM giving information for exactly the same reason you are looking for it. Back in the early days of the Firehawk a lot of the "collector car" insurance companies didn't seem to recognize the car as anything special and were requesting letters like this.

Maybe you can dig up some articles online and print them out and use them as ammunition as well? A few magazine articles saying that the cars are limited production might be some help too.

Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:22 pm

firehawk1120nj wrote:Looking to get my firehawk registered in NJ at the DMV as a collector car because I can't pass inspection. I have a couple codes that won't clear.

I need a letter from the manufacturer, but Pontiac no longer exists and no chevy dealer is willing to help me out. OR I need a letter from a recognized car club.

Basically the letter needs to state that the Pontiac Trans Am Firehawk was produced in limited numbers.

Not sure if I can get something like that from this board but if not can someone tell me where I might be able to get something like that.

Thanks
What are the codes and what have you done to try to clear them?
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

HawkLT1

Post by HawkLT1 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:10 am

PHS, Pontiac Historical (Services?) is still around you can try to contact them. I think Jim Mattison would be a good source to maybe help you out. Good luck.
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Originator of the west coast "FirehawkFest"
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104