A Letter of Thanks

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

fhawk149

A Letter of Thanks

Post by fhawk149 » Sun Aug 03, 2014 6:08 pm

To the FAOA Membership

I just wanted to say how surprise, thankful & overwhelmed I was at the Saturday evening 20th Annual Firehawk Association of America Dinner. I never expected what was going to happen. I actually had tears in eyes and for the first in my life speechless. I want to thank George and Michelle Beck for thinking and recognizing not only myself but others such as Brian, Bob, Mac and others. The Firehawk Coin is out of this world. I will cherish the coin and trophy forever. I am amazed at thought & time George and Michelle put into this project. I know that George had extra coins made. This is a must have for a Firehawk Owner. I am sure details will coming the on the FAOA website and Facebook page.

I started the Firehawk Association of America 20 years ago with a small ad in a popular Pontiac magazine with the hopes of getting a few Pen pals that owned the same type of car. To my surprise it open a whole new chapter in my life. A chapter that will always be dear to my heart.

There are so many members that without their help and contributions over the years the FAOA would never survived 20 years. Just think about this a Limited Edition car which ended production 2002 and the Company that produced this car completely going out of business in 2010 and our membership survived. Like I always stated its not the car as much as membership the makes the Firehawk Association of America what it is today and to last twenty years.

Due to reasons that are private I had to step away from Firehawk Association a few years back. Brian France step forward and took over. What great job he has done. I could of not asked for better person to take over. Hats off to you Brian.

I was so happy to see so many long term and new members on Saturday. Kelly Dahl and his daughter Kayla from Kearney, NE, Virgil & Wendy Bunting from Littleton, Co I just wanted to say how great it was to see guys again and commend you on making such a long trip. George & Michelle Beck what a great Firehawk couple. We live only 60 miles from each other and we need to see each more often than once a year. Mark & Deb Ruggles long term members and our great Dinner table center piece maker they are always such a treat to see and beautiful. Brian Neimann who has step up with getting the prizes, Ray Hendricks & his wife, Chad Romack, Mark & Bonnie Hutsell, Bob Jackson, Gene Lease who has been with us & supported the FAOA from our first event at Dayton Ohio, Rick Keller who helped so much with the after dinner cruise & Justin Carr who in past donated newsletter items & his father. I hope I did forget anyone I am sure I have. Bonnie and our time was short at the event this year. We wished we had more time to talk and visit with all the members. I have made so many great friendships via the FAOA that will never be broken in my lifetime. Once again I want to all thank of the membership for giving Myself and Bonnie the pleasure of being involved with FAOA for the last 20 years and hopefully an other 20 years.

Sincerely,
Wayne & Bonnie Thomas
Founder FAOA, Owner 1999 #119 & Former Owner of 1994 #149