Ridiculous price for a 30th ws6 vert

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

WhiteHawkDown

Ridiculous price for a 30th ws6 vert

Post by WhiteHawkDown » Sat Oct 17, 2015 10:56 pm

Hey guys I know this is for firehawks but I was at the Branson mo auction today witnessed a complete minus a couple mods, 99 30th vert WS6 sell for $26,500. The thing was not that clean, seats were re-skinned and missing the side plastic, bird on center tail section looked like it was hand painted with whiteout, rear bumper cracked, blue fog lights, and not the original wheels instead a set of 17in ws6 wheels spay painted electric blue. If it wasn't for the fact I checked the RPO code on the door and it had its number plaque of 817, I would have said it was a fake. Oh yeah, the stripes were painted back on when they were redone and don't look correct. So if someone is willing to pay more than top dollar for that car that has to mean much cleaner firehawks with documentation should fetch over the original list price, right? That's the real difference between a spectator and a aficionado. Sometimes I wish I could just help people with a class or something when needing to know the little details when it comes to 3rd and fourth gens. Thank you, I'll get off my soap box now.

Bryan
www.fquick.com/Whitehawkdown
97 vert LS1 swap -sold-

redhawk

Re: Ridiculous price for a 30th ws6 vert

Post by redhawk » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:13 pm

2002 Trans Am Firehawk Vert #25 Red w/Ebony Interior w/M6 1 of 19 built
2002 Trans Am Firehawk T-top #162 Sunset Orange Metallic w/Camel Interior 1 of 7
1978 Trans Am Martinique Blue w/Black Deluxe Interior Owned since 7/82

NBrehm

Post by NBrehm » Thu Oct 29, 2015 1:50 pm

It's only ridiculous if nobody is willing to pay it ;-)
-Nick
2001 Formula Firehawk #293

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Thu Oct 29, 2015 7:12 pm

These cars are becoming more rare by the day and I don't mean specific models. Only on rare occasions will you see at such auctions a rare breed of a dead car company come across the block. There are a few different types of car people in this world. The rare few who know what the rare birds are are more then likely to pay higher regardless of condition. Every time once in a while I'll see an LT1 Trans am in town and it brings a smile to my face every time. Sure it may not have the power of a modern day 6banger but it is for sure no cookie cutter of a car like all those modern day cars. It brings me back to a time where cars had character and commanded respect.. Today's Muscle cars all look the boring same... Beer rant over.... For now ;)
2001#194 (Unicorn)