2002 Firehawk front and rear shock replacement

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Jmzink17

2002 Firehawk front and rear shock replacement

Post by Jmzink17 » Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Hello
I recently purchased a 2002 Firehawk. Beatiful inside and out. 88000 original miles. The ride is a little bouncy and squeaky. Bought Bilstein Level II front and rear shocks to install. Any videos out there showing how to do. Also any other suggestions for ride. Also any pointers on what to look for first to replace? Production number 523 pewter in color original everything except exhaust. Like I said beautiful car. Two owner. Absolutely love it.

Thank you for any help

02 red hawk

Re: 2002 Firehawk front and rear shock replacement

Post by 02 red hawk » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:51 pm

http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-br ... video.html http://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-br ... video.html These will give you a good idea about what to do. Rears are cake. Fronts are more involved. It looks as though the videos have been pulled.

NBrehm

Re: 2002 Firehawk front and rear shock replacement

Post by NBrehm » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:10 pm

with 88K I'd grab new springs too, you can get the Level II's straight from SLP still. Just make sure if you don't want the big drop you order the Firehawk replacement ones and not the ones from the camaro/firebird catalog. For the anything else, it's tough to say without seeing the condition of the actual car and knowing if you are trying to stay original or not. Also if you don't know what you are doing and don't have the right tools, I'd have a shop do your fronts. Mess up and you can get seriously injured or even killed by the spring. They aren't tough to do, but be careful if you do it on your own and follow the instructions.
-Nick
2001 Formula Firehawk #293