what insurance?

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

cheetoh

what insurance?

Post by cheetoh » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:59 pm

I currently have Grundy, but they limit the Driving alot, Looking for something not too expensive that will allow me to drive it a bit more. Anybody have American Collectors Insurance?
2000 Black Firehawk. Non G8 style.
www.fquick.com/Cheetoh

Hawk640

Re: what insurance?

Post by Hawk640 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:54 am

I currently use Grundy after being referred by several street rod buddies, but previously used Hagerty on the 2 cars I had before the Hawk. Grundy has much better rates (about 50% lower), and they place no limit on yearly mileage. Really the only real stipulation they have, is no work or errand use. Sounds like you want to use yours as more of a daily driver, and no collector policy is going to allow that, that is why their rates are so much lower, because you aren't risking problems as much as a daily driver. Good luck with your search, if you find a good deal, let us all know please, but overall I think Grundy is one of if not the best all things considered.

cheetoh

Post by cheetoh » Sat Aug 13, 2016 11:51 am

I don't want it for a Daily Driver, The Car only has 15,000 miles on it. I want to drive it to work occasionally, Maybe 2 or 3 times a year, Grundy does not allow that. Grundy does not allow you to leave the car out of your sight, That's why it's so cheap. You can't drive it to the Grocery Store if you wamt to, That's to limiting....
    2000 Black Firehawk. Non G8 style.
    www.fquick.com/Cheetoh

Hawk640

Post by Hawk640 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:56 pm

Hagerty did allow for driving to work, but very sparingly. Still no grocery store or other errand usage, and it cost about 50-55% more! I don't know your age, or age of your car, but if I were to insure my Hawk on my general policy for 6 months of the year it would cost about the same as I paid for a full year with Hagerty.

baddbrd

Post by baddbrd » Sun Aug 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Check out Heacock Classic. I switched from Grundy years ago, rates and use were better at the time.