SVE replaces SLP (somewhat) correspondence email.

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

mikecronis

SVE replaces SLP (somewhat) correspondence email.

Post by mikecronis » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Mr. Cronis,
Thank you for your inquiry. The builder of 4th gen. SS & Firehawk performance vehicles is now known as Specialty Vehicle Engineering.
The “SLP team” you are referring to is an aftermarket company that SLP Engineering owned but sold 3 ½ years ago. Please let me know how I may assist you. If you call today, I will only be in the office until 12:00 EST as I am taking a vacation day, otherwise I’m available to answer questions Monday – Friday, 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM.
Have a fantastic day!
Respectfully,

Mary Ann Limongello
Specialty Vehicle Engineering, Inc.
Customer Service
1501 Industrial Way North
Toms River, NJ 08755
732-240-3696 ext. 173
732-341-6084 fax
mlimongello@specialtyvehicleengineering.com

Dear MaryAnn,
This is amazing news! Would you be supporting replacement parts for 4gen SS-Camaros and Firehawks? Simple things like official car-mats with the Firehawk logo are going upwards of $600 a pair on eBay these days and a Firehawk hood might run $4000 due to demand with no replacement parts available except old stock horded. I'd love some 10th Anniversary Firehawk Speedline gold rims and exhaust tips!
This could be legendary news and I could promote SVE on the forums and advertise like mad!
Mike Cronis
2002 Pontiac Firehawk #202

Mr. Cronis,
Firehawk is a big problem when you are looking for replacement parts. All of our left over stock from the program was destroyed when we lost our plant in a fire. When we started to rebuild the plant and replace our stock, we were able to replace our SS merchandise but we no longer had the logo rights to Firehawk, so no parts could be made.
Rims for both SS and Firehawk are not available. If you are looking for tips, I can suggest a salvage yard that only specializes in 4th Generation Camaro & Firebird and GTO (1995-2002). Billy Graham’s Camaro & Firebird Salvage, 970 Highway 202, Calera, AL (205) 668-1169.
Your vehicle is not a 10th Anniversary vehicle as it was only available on the 2001 model year.
The only items SVE is selling at this time is be birth certificates ($54.95) and window stickers ($49.95) + shipping ($6.95). We also have electronic owner’s manuals.
So sorry to disappoint you.
Respectfully,
Mary Ann Limongello

Dear MaryAnn,
That's very interesting. Who owns the logo rights?
Mike Cronis

BLACK-HAWK

Re: SVE replaces SLP (somewhat) correspondence email.

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:36 pm

Good luck on your quest. I would love to see someone with a 3D printer reproduce the hood intake and heat extractor grills.
2001#194 (Unicorn)

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:47 pm

Its been discussed before. I think the problem with SVE and anyone else for that matter, it's too costly to reproduce parts for our very very small nitch group. The demand just doesn't justify the need for supply.
The cheapest things that can get reproduced I think are floor mates, deck lids and decals. the Firehawk text design can be uploaded onto a computer For the floor mats and deck lids because they're computer s that can tell advanced sewing machines what to do. The stickers/decals are extremely easy to make.
2001#194 (Unicorn)

mikecronis

Post by mikecronis » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:46 am

In my correspondence above, someone else owns the rights to the Firehawk name? I'm not sure if it's SLP anymore. GM?

Hawk640

Post by Hawk640 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:32 am

Pretty sure Firestone owns the rights to the Firehawk name (Firehawk tires).

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:25 pm

Hawk640 wrote:Pretty sure Firestone owns the rights to the Firehawk name (Firehawk tires).
That's what I heard too
2001#194 (Unicorn)

FIRSTLAST

Post by FIRSTLAST » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:10 am

http://tess2.uspto.gov/bin/showfield?f= ... :epk7o.3.6

The site is TESS, a government registration site
Firehawk got used in fishing rids, surgical catheters abd 30 other products.

Our graphic didn't get registered until 8/13/08, and was abandoned 12/18/09.

There may be other variants not in this registration. This one has the tiddle and swirl, use of black and red.

Sure be nice to get some input from one of the former SLP heads. It could possibly be accessed.
2002 Firehawk 1111 NBM