Long time no see :)

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Rhode Island Red

Long time no see :)

Post by Rhode Island Red » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:17 pm

Hey all you old timers! It has been now 17 years since I took delivery of the hawk on 25 August 2001 for 2002 #35. I've been in SoCal for nearly 10 years, enjoying driving the hawk 3 stop lights through farm roads to work and back and loved every mile of it as no threat of snow and a short drive down the coast to Malibu for lunch at Neptune's Net.

The hawk has now 130,000 miles and still looks stunning as ever! At 98,000 I had the engine rebuilt with forged components (pistons, rods, etc.) and just now feels broken in! The heads are now AFR 210's and woke up the Hawk's stump pulling power at low rpms. At 120,000 I completely installed a custom open road racing coil over double-adjustable with 175 lb springs (still have stocks but need to be revalved (Spohn susp parts &custom DA QA1's that were not released to public that they were developing). The entire suspension is adjustable and car was lowered to 1 finger in wheel wells ... but raised again to 2 fingers due to the local business entries that feel like Mt. Everest. The suspension update got rid of the funky delay the hawk had with the Bilstein during weight transfer (1 sec or so delay for reaction for anything) but the responsiveness is now what I always sought for.

The hawk has the setup I've always wanted. BUT now the hawk needs to be babied and garaged but here 3 bedroom 1.5 ranch houses go for 1.1 MILLION, I cannot own and rent is bonkers here 2400+ for a 2 bdr apt. Since I want the best for the Hawk, It is time for me to find a good home for it. I've done and called around to get estimates to do what it takes to be "new" as possible but the owners of the business said I'd never get my $ back so I am getting ready to sell the hawk (i'll throw up a detailed post on the for sale section), that I thought I'd never sell (thought i'd give the FAOA a 1st stab at it)

I'll never for the the 57 F-body convoy driving through Shenandoah National Park and all the people I have met through the Hawk. To this day I still get shadowed by police (arrest-me-red XD ) and little kids stop, stare, and drool at it. (well I should update my sig as it is out of date & i have stock exhaust due to emissions)

Thank you all for all the support over the years!

BLACK-HAWK

Re: Long time no see :)

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:14 pm

I love hearing your story and sad to see you are trying to sell it. my best guess ... 2002 w/ 130k Mike's and slightly modified.... $10-$15k maybe (?)... I say hold on to her. 2019 is the 25th Anniversary Firehawk Rally!!! would be great to see you and the car there!
2001#194 (Unicorn)

Maplehawk

Post by Maplehawk » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:18 pm

Nice to hear from you and get an update.
I am not in the market but hope we can help you find 2002/0035 a good home.
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Wagon
Proud Member - Firehawk Association of America
Author of Firehawk - Fiercest of the Firebirds

FIRSTLAST

Post by FIRSTLAST » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:50 pm

https://procarreviews.com/best-carports/

Buy a high grade car port. Anchors weights can be concrete in 5 gal buckets, not permanent. Usually pass by city code. Block all UV, which is the worst thing you can do to your car in CA.

If your rental permits it, a 20 ft car hauler trailer is relatively cheap, about $6 to $7K, and you have super resale ability later.
2002 Firehawk 1111 NBM