Suspension advice please

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

LS6BLACKHAWK

Suspension advice please

Post by LS6BLACKHAWK » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:47 pm

So I ordered the "SLP" Bilstein / Eibach kit and installed it. Holy crap is it ever garbage. Super soggy, horrible rebound damping and too low. I've got an RMA to return the stuff and get something else. Looking at a different kit with Koni sport shocks and H&R springs. Not much info on H&R but I've had Koni's in other F Bodies and loved them. I'm open to other options but I'm in Canada and it's a pain in the arse to get decent suspension components without dealing with the US exchange, shipping, duties and taxes. Anyone have experience with H&R ?
2000 Hawk - LS6 with SLP headers, SFC's , STB, Koni / Strano. Build # C004 Black / Black M6

NBrehm

Re: Suspension advice please

Post by NBrehm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:15 am

Swap the springs out for the original SLP Level 2 springs and shocks and make sure you replace the mounts, bushings and isolators. That kit is based off the Level 1 suspension which is higher performance but a bit more rough around the edges. The ACTUAL original style Bilsteins (have different valving than the kit) and springs are still available from SLP. my $.02
http://www.slponline.com/category/Camar ... nents.html
-Nick
2001 Formula Firehawk #293

2002 red hawk

Post by 2002 red hawk » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:49 am

I went with Strano springs with Koni 4/4 on car adjustable shocks. Love the look & you can dial in the shocks on the car. You can even call Sam Strano for advice if you buy from him. It’s a win/win situation.

LS6BLACKHAWK

Post by LS6BLACKHAWK » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:35 pm

Yeah, I talked to Sam. He gave me confusing and conflicting advice. He also didn't want to ship his springs to me in Canada. My original idea was Strano / Koni but he made it seem like it was going to cost way too much to get them to me. Seemed like a nice enough guy but I left that conversation not knowing what to do. So I went with what he said was the easier / less costly option.
2000 Hawk - LS6 with SLP headers, SFC's , STB, Koni / Strano. Build # C004 Black / Black M6