Happy new owner

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Bill Ball

Happy new owner

Post by Bill Ball » Sun Sep 03, 2000 11:52 pm

Hello to all, my name is Bill. IÂ’ve been lurking around this and the SS site for a couple of weeks and thought I would introduce myself. As some of you may have seen on the web, Steve down in Florida had 1999 Firehawk #379 for sale. IÂ’m the guy who bought it. I flew down to Florida last Thursday from Illinois and drove it back Friday. Fifteen hours forty five minutes from Kissimee FL. To Morton IL., man, what a neat experience. Jump into a car IÂ’ve never driven before and take off cross country. After getting over the initial transition shock, (my other car is a Cadillac Fleetwood), and loosening my grip on the wheel a little, it was great! IÂ’ve loved the Pontiac birds for years; IÂ’ve owned both a 1975 TA and a 1977 Special Edition TA. The 77 I kept for 12 years and sold with 32,000 miles on it. My wife said I looked like somebody ran over my puppy when the guy drove away. IÂ’ve wanted to fix that mistake ever since. All I can say is that the love affair is starting all over again. ItÂ’s only been in my driveway 2 full days and itÂ’s been washed twice and polished 3 times already.

Dale 99Hawk610

RE: Happy new owner

Post by Dale 99Hawk610 » Mon Sep 04, 2000 10:59 pm

Congratulations...I thought he ended up trading it in at the dealer, but this is a heck of alot better way for it to end up. That Firehawk will grow on you and I'm sure the love of it will be like the 77 you had if not more so. I love my Firehawk and the only way I would give it up is for another one with all options and Navy Blue Metallic..after seeing that color in person at the Firehawk Rally I fell in love with it after I got back (strange huh).

Again congrats on your purchase and good luck.

Hope to see you at the Firehawk Rally next year also. We will be travling right threw Illonios like we did this year I'm assuming unless something changes.

Dale Rice

Shawn

RE: Happy new owner

Post by Shawn » Fri Sep 08, 2000 10:26 am

Congrats...... Nothing like the feeling of being behind the wheel of the Hawk... When i went out to by a car in 99, i test drove the Vette, mustang (Saleen), Viper and a Porsche. Well the Porsche was out of my price range, and the other cars were nice, but it didn't feel right for me. When I sat in the Hawk, i said to the dealer, where do i sighn..... I love my Hawk and will not give rid of it. Not even for another one. I'll just go out and get the other one also....