Shawn...Come inside please

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Dale 99Hawk610

Shawn...Come inside please

Post by Dale 99Hawk610 » Fri Sep 08, 2000 7:34 pm

Shawn,

Do you know what a 92 Firehawk is?

It is a HEAVLY modifited Forumla's that they only made 25 of in the the 91 and 92 combined (all sold as 92's).

They are worth much more than 15,000...they are like Mac said, 25-30,000 dollars for on in good condition.

And also in referance to the post below,

The bilstien suspension is around $999. I have it and love it. Its one of the best IMHO that you can get aftermarket or factory for an F-body. SLP doens't have any options that are for $8,000. If SLP had the bilstien for 8K they wouldn't sell any and to think they could whoever does the priceing would have to be on drugs.

And also to another post... the F-body is dead after 02...They will not make anymore in the St. Therese plant. The Camaro and Firebird names are unkown forsure if they will live past 02...but the rumers are flying.

Shawn

RE: Shawn...Come inside please

Post by Shawn » Mon Sep 11, 2000 9:29 am

Yes i know what a 92' Hawk is....Still i don't feel that it's worth 25,000 to 30,000 and would not pay more than 16,000. As far as the bilsteins goes, you deffinatlly don't live on the west coast... out here they want almost 45,000 for a Hawk with bilsteins compared to the the one that i bought which was 36,000. So here i do know what i'm talking about.

Now as far as the end of life production to the Camaro and Firebird in 02', i've heard a lot of the rumors. I just think that they are rumors though. I was told that there wasn't going to be a 2000, so i got the 99' and two days afterwards the dealership had 2 more and they were 2000's. I simply said that it doesn't seem feesable to end life on these two F-bodies before the 35 aniversary of the T/A and while they can do the production until Jan or Feb of 05'. That seems like lost revenue for the company with all the F-body enthusastics out there.

Kevin T.'94 Hawk #497

Post by Kevin T.'94 Hawk #497 » Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:03 pm

Regarding the plight of the F-body, GM has sold a total of 52,584 f-bodies (30,042 Camaros, 22,542 Firebirds (this includes all incarnations plus V-6 versions)) through the first 8 months of 2000. By comparison, Ford has sold 128,070 Mustangs (all versions + V6) through August 2000. The basic laws of finance say that the Ste. Therese plant will generate considerably more revenue if they were to produce SUV's or some other useless "en-vogue" vehicle for the herds of "indentity-challenged" no matter how much we all love the F-body. It's about dollars not passion.

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Mon Sep 11, 2000 12:35 pm

Well that is a very good point. What is the #'s on the Vette? For if it is true, then GM will only be making the Vette and that is kindda hard for most people to afford a car that is 50,000 to 60,000 dollars.

Kevin T.'94 Hawk #497

Post by Kevin T.'94 Hawk #497 » Mon Sep 11, 2000 2:24 pm

Although I am an analyst here on Wall Street, I don't not cover the automobile industry (a little for fun in hopes that someday...). The vette has sold 23,823 units through 8/00, compared to 22,620 for the same period 1999 (so numbers are going up at least). What it really comes down to (my theory only, I haven't talked to any insiders) is the capacity for those plants and the margins for those models. The Ste. Therese plant my be running way below capacity causing high fixed costs (relative to revenue). Thus making it more cost beneficial to devote the capacity to a higher-volume vehicle. The Bowling Green plant may be close enough to capacity that fixed costs are at acceptably consisent levels and providing a healthier gross margin for the Corvette. Again this is pure theory and I'm sure there is someone out there (on this list) in the automobile industry that knows better than I do.

Dale 99Hawk610

Post by Dale 99Hawk610 » Mon Sep 11, 2000 7:10 pm

If I remember right, St. Therese is at 35% capasity. Not anywere near what it should be doing. I wouldn't doubt that if an SUV or a Truck line moves into St. Therese and bumps capasity up to 80-90% were it should be.

And Shawn, about the bilstein...the reason I said anything is because the way you worded it, it sounded like you were saying SLP charged $8,000 for the bilstein.

And the 92 Firehawk, It may not be worth 25-30K...thats your opinion, but that is what it takes to buy them. I would love to have one, but no bank would loan me the money to purchase it because they will not see the value in it like us F-body enthusiest do. It mostly takes a cash buyer to buy one unless you are in real good with your bank and they love you. I don't have anywere enough money in my account that they would loan me the money, muchless know me by name.