HOW LONG DO YOUR TIRES LAST

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

J-P

HOW LONG DO YOUR TIRES LAST

Post by J-P » Mon Sep 11, 2000 11:08 am

Hi everyone i just bought a 2000 6 sp Hawk, i love it i would like to know from other owner how long did the original tires last, i know it depends a lot on how hard you drive but i am talking no burnouts but agressive driving the rest of the time.thank you
J-P

Shawn

RE: HOW LONG DO YOUR TIRES LAST

Post by Shawn » Mon Sep 11, 2000 11:56 am

Most places say about 20,000 to 25,000 miles. For me it was about 17,000 because i've put my foot into it to much. I've been to two different tire stores, and they both told me it was about 25,000. It just depends how you drive your Hawk. They are soft tires so they wont last like the standard family car tires.

Bob Deffenbaugh

Post by Bob Deffenbaugh » Wed Sep 13, 2000 6:26 am

My original Firehawk tires lasted 7 years or 24,000 miles. The old compound they used got pretty hard and brittle over the years. The new ones make a world of difference.

Bob Deffenbaugh 1993 Firehawk #110 and Organizer of the west coast FirehawkFest

jay94#295

Post by jay94#295 » Thu Sep 14, 2000 9:48 pm

I have the Firestone Firehawk tires that have plenty of tread left on them, but do any of you think if i complain enough i can get Firestone to pay for new tires. I think there may be a chance because now it is not only the wilderness tires having trouble. Someone told me that Firestone is replacing almost anyones tires that complains because right now they are just worried about going out of business. I just thought it would be nice to get a free set of tires.

Jay

J-P

Post by J-P » Fri Sep 15, 2000 10:40 am

Yeah!!! i think you are right i have only done 3 burnouts and the rear tires are looking worst for ware. no seriously what grounds could we use for them to give us new tires?
J-P

Shawn

Post by Shawn » Sat Sep 16, 2000 8:37 am

Good luck, i already tried and they said no....it's a soft compound tire, so they are going to go quick....