NEW OWNER OF 95 HAWK

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Troy Freeman

NEW OWNER OF 95 HAWK

Post by Troy Freeman » Tue Sep 12, 2000 3:58 pm

glad to have found this site its awesome. i just bought a 95 firehawk and am real excited about it. i've had a few performance cars in the past and really like this one, i live in ohio and have never seen another on the road. im glad this sight is here so i can find a little bit about the uniqueness of the car. can anyone tell me why my manual show a 300 hp and a 315 in 95. my hawk has the 300hp on the hood. thanks ill be around im registering and becoming a member today.

Scott Chab

RE: NEW OWNER OF 95 HAWK

Post by Scott Chab » Tue Sep 12, 2000 9:08 pm

Congrats on the recent purchase!! The 15hp difference comes from the SLP 2-on-the-left (2OTL) exhaust. The standard exhaust is one pipe on each side and is rated at 300hp.

Scott Chab
'94 Hawk #110
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Pit/ ... Homex.html

JoeA 94 Hawk #253

Post by JoeA 94 Hawk #253 » Wed Sep 13, 2000 7:57 pm

Troy,
Welcome! The 15hp difference came from the optional performance exhaust system (freer flowing Power-Flo y-pipe, 3" intermediate pipe, Power-Flo muffler with twin outlets on driver's side, all stainless steel). The 300hp version had the standard LT1 factory exhaust system with SLP added polished stainless steel megaphone style tips (better looks and slightly better tone due to 'megaphone' effect). My '94 firehawk is a 300hp version as well, although I added the SLP Power-Flo y-pipe assembly. SLP claims the y-pipe accounts for 10hp, and the cat-back portion of the exhaust adds an additional 5hp (15 total). I figured I'd add the y-pipe and leave the rest so it basically retains the stock look (I don't want to modify my Firehawk much, and whatever I do add is generally SLP or GM parts). You mentioned an owners manual showing the two different horsepower ratings. Did the '95 Hawk come with a separate Firehawk owner's manual in addition to the standard '95 GM Firebird manual? Cheers,

Joe A. - '94 Firehawk #253

Troy Freeman 95 hawk #22

Post by Troy Freeman 95 hawk #22 » Thu Sep 14, 2000 5:10 pm

yes i did receive another manual with my car along w/ the firebird manual. how can you find out what options your car has? suspension? option package?

i know that is 300 hp
it has only the am/fm w/four speakers
hurst 6 speed
17" wheels w/ p275/40/zr17 tires

JoeA 94 Hawk #253

Post by JoeA 94 Hawk #253 » Thu Sep 14, 2000 8:21 pm

The best way to find out what other SLP options your Firehawk may have (provided you don't have the original Firehawk window sticker) is to call SLP's Troy, Michigan office and give them your VIN. Cheers,

Joe A - 94 Firehawk #253