whistling

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

JBHawk'00

whistling

Post by JBHawk'00 » Wed Sep 13, 2000 1:15 am

Hi everyone. I have a 2000 Firehawk (#610) black, with bilstein etc. I noticed that when I step on it, it makes a whistling sound. Do you guys all hear this on the 99-00 hawks? Is this normal? I kinda like it because it startles other people as I fly by. No big deal, just wanted to know if you guys all get this = ).
thanks,
John Basanese
San Jose, CA
'00Hawk 610

Shawn

RE: whistling

Post by Shawn » Wed Sep 13, 2000 8:29 am

Is the whistle sound kindda like a supercharger powering up? I just startle people period when i step on my 99'.

Dale 99Hawk610

Post by Dale 99Hawk610 » Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:54 am

Hey, you have the best build number besides #1 and the last one being built.

Anyway, What you are hearing I think is the ram air. If you were to put on an aftermarket lid like direct flow or whisper lid then it will get a little louder. My dad has always said my hawk sounds like a jet when I pull in his driveway...I can't really hear it but he said he can. His 98 Trans Am didn't do that and the guy that bought it from him when I here it still doesn't do that. Thats why I think its the ram air.

Still open for suggestions.

BTW nice build number :-)

JBhawk'00

Post by JBhawk'00 » Wed Sep 13, 2000 1:29 pm

Yeah #610 is the best! = ) It sounds like it could be the ram air but it only happens when I am acceleration really fast. I thought it may be wind whistling...not sure

Buddy Pawloski

Post by Buddy Pawloski » Wed Sep 13, 2000 9:33 pm

Sounds like you might be hearing the fuel pump. Does the sound
come form behind you or in front of you? If it sounds like it's coming
from behind you it's probably the pump.

Buddy P
GMC Syclone #1616 (for sale to buy a hawk)

JBHawk'00

Post by JBHawk'00 » Wed Sep 13, 2000 11:22 pm

It sounds like it's coming from the front of the car...I initially thought it was either the tires or the wind whistling past...