SLP's "louder" pipes and 10th Anniversar

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Steven Hackenberg

SLP's "louder" pipes and 10th Anniversar

Post by Steven Hackenberg » Wed Sep 20, 2000 11:04 pm

Currently I own an SLP built '96 T/A with the WS6 package. 5 years, 60,000 miles.....time to order the new one, right? I have planned since'97 to order the Firehawk this time. Imagine my surprise (pleasure) at seeing the 10th anniversary edition. I have every intention of ordering the special if it's not priced stupid. I've been on the phone with Detroit sales, The Dallas SLP rep, the Southern California SLP rep. and I still can't get a straight answer on pricing and final specs. C'mon guys, give us a hint. If it's more than a grand or so, I'll just order a regular Hawk. But I'd like to get one or the other on order!!

Also, the new "louder" exhaust system from SLP. I've seen some posts indicating that it is "real loud". Ah, how loud?????
Currently I have a Borla system on my WS6 (...and a power pully, and an air foil in..) with out the restrictor plate. Is the SLP system louder??
Or about the same?? I'd rather go with all SLP equipment, but my 'bird already draws enough attention from the law, I don't want the new one to draw even more. Anybody know??

Thanx in advance folks and I'm looking forward to posting my production number in a few months.

Dale 99Hawk610

RE: SLP's "louder" pipes and 10th Annive

Post by Dale 99Hawk610 » Wed Sep 20, 2000 11:14 pm

The tenth package will probaly be around 2-2500 range. You have to remember this anniversery package gets a spoiler while the 30th TA didn't. What the package includes is the 10th anniversy spoiler, striping, badging, gold exhaust tips, and history of the Firehawk lititure. Oh, and gold wheels also.

The Loud Mouth will be about the same as the borla give or take a little but not much.

ChrisL 00 TAHawk #295

RE: SLP's "louder" pipes and 10th Annive

Post by ChrisL 00 TAHawk #295 » Thu Sep 21, 2000 6:16 pm

the holdup on pricing is on the GM side. As usual, the gears turn slowly in the coprorate machine.

I would think the tips could be removed.

As far as Borla vs Loudmouth... I've heard both. They are about the same in loudness to me if you have no plate in. I preferred the SLP "sound". This is really a personal thing. You really need to hear it for yourself to make up your mind.