WTB: Firehawk Decals

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Danny Burket

WTB: Firehawk Decals

Post by Danny Burket » Sat Sep 30, 2000 6:34 pm

Hi guys,

My friend has a 2001 Firebird Ram Air, and wants to get some of the Firehawk stuff for it. He wants the Firehawk decals along the rocker, and the center caps for the wheels. If anyone knows where to buy this stuff, he'd really appreciate it. Please e-mail me your reply, as I don't check this board often.

--Danny Burket
--'84 Mazda RX7
--13.5 on street tires

jp

RE: WTB: Firehawk Decals

Post by jp » Mon Oct 02, 2000 2:07 pm

That's not right, he doesn't have a Firehawk, he should be happy with the Trans-am the way it is. by putting decals on it it will make it look stupid i think.
J-P

JoeA 94 Hawk #253

Post by JoeA 94 Hawk #253 » Mon Oct 02, 2000 8:51 pm

SLP guards (as best it can) against Firehawk 'fakes' by strictly limiting the sales of genuine Firehawk specific items. Firehawk decals, wheel caps, hoods, or anything else that comes on a Firehawk from the factory can only be obtained from SLP, and only with proof of Firehawk ownership (VIN, etc.) which is then verified against a database that SLP maintains. Pontiac dealers have to validate cars the same way before getting replacement parts from SLP. Decals, wheel caps, etc. will never make it the genuine SLP article. The Trans Am is a great car as is, enjoy it! Cheers.

Erica D.

Post by Erica D. » Tue Oct 03, 2000 1:33 pm

I agree...putting stickers on your car to try and make it look like something it's not (regardless of the type of car) qualifies as "rice" on the other f-body boards! That's just lame. No flames intended, but your friend would probably get more flak for his "false advertising" than praise. Anyone who knows anything about Firehawks knows that they do not come w/the WS6 ram air hood (I assume this is what your friend has). Just my $.02...