car cover vs. cat??

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

BLACK-HAWK

car cover vs. cat??

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:27 pm

my freeking roomates cat keeps getting in the garage and i find pawprints/scuff marks on my hood. if i put a car cover on will the cats claws dig through the cover and in to the paint? i'm getting really tired of buffing pawprint scuff marks out every weekend when i come home from work...
2001#194 (Unicorn)

99 Hawk #563

Post by 99 Hawk #563 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 8:03 pm

If you got a thicker car cover like the ones used for indoor use only. I wouldnÂ’t think the thin water resistant one would. My suggestion is declaw the cat and still get a car cover. If declawing the cat is too expensive sorry for you cat lovers (i love my car more than a cat) a .22 bullet costs about 10 cents.
Stupidity costs money. How dumb can you afford to be?

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:10 pm

'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

Firehawk 526

Post by Firehawk 526 » Fri Dec 02, 2005 11:26 pm

Interesting.....you're just full of info ain't cha? I have the same neighborhood issues, as the damn cats think they own the place
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/532717
http://www.fquick.com/Firehawk526
2002 T/A Pewter Firehawk #526
EFA 2005 Bracket Racing Points Champion
EFA 2005 October COTM
FSFB 2005 October ROTM

02Hawk502

Post by 02Hawk502 » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:04 am

99 Hawk #563 wrote:a .22 bullet costs about 10 cents.
AMEN!!! :lol: I hate cats though. Maybe this will work as well:

My mom's cat had a problem with getting on my 'Hawk (as well as my other vehicles) when it/they were outside. Every time I found paw-prints on them (which were usually muddy and smeared putting a lot of scratches in the paint), I would go find the little fugger, grab him by the scruff of the neck and take him out to the vehicle. I'd point the the car, then to him, put his nose next to the pawprints (without him touching the car of course! :lol: ), then SMACK THE $HIT OUTTA HIM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You have to be careful at that step, because claws will fly :lol: Drop him and let him run wherever he wants...hopefully he'll get lost and won't be able to come back :lol:

It sounds cruel, and I hate cats, but he hasn't jumped on my car or truck since I've done it. Yet, he's been all over my mom's car and my stepdad's car.
'04 Pontiac GTO - New Toy
'05 Honda 600RR - Awesome Bike
'97 Camaro SS - FOR SALE
'01 GMC 2500HD - 8100/Allison
'90 Cavalier Z24 - Wicked Beater

MCKNBRD

Post by MCKNBRD » Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:48 am

02Hawk502 wrote:
99 Hawk #563 wrote:a .22 bullet costs about 10 cents.
AMEN!!! :lol: I hate cats though. Maybe this will work as well:

My mom's cat had a problem with getting on my 'Hawk (as well as my other vehicles) when it/they were outside. Every time I found paw-prints on them (which were usually muddy and smeared putting a lot of scratches in the paint), I would go find the little fugger, grab him by the scruff of the neck and take him out to the vehicle. I'd point the the car, then to him, put his nose next to the pawprints (without him touching the car of course! :lol: ), then SMACK THE $HIT OUTTA HIM!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You have to be careful at that step, because claws will fly :lol: Drop him and let him run wherever he wants...hopefully he'll get lost and won't be able to come back :lol:

It sounds cruel, and I hate cats, but he hasn't jumped on my car or truck since I've done it. Yet, he's been all over my mom's car and my stepdad's car.
Sorry, but all you did was piss the cat off. In all honesty, I'd have to say that you deserve to get smacked for that. You're just hitting an animal. If you catch the animal on the car (in the act), knock them off with a broom while yelling 'No!' or something simple (not a 30 second diatribe about how you hate cats or whatever). That is very basic animal discipline.

I'm not a bleeding heart for animals. I'd use a .22 on a cat in a heartbeat, if the discipline didn't work. You just can't discipline an animal in a complex method. You catch them in the act, you can stop it.

Back to the original post; if you want your roommates to keep the pets off your car, tell them that its unacceptable and you are proud of your car. If you see any more damage on your car, they will be responsible for the repair. Go by a local body shop, get an estimate for buffing out the damage and hand it over to them. That should get their attention.

Byrdman
Former Owner...
2001 Trans Am Firehawk #302 of 540
1995 Formula

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Sat Dec 03, 2005 11:36 am

Firehawk 526 wrote:
Interesting.....you're just full of info ain't cha?
All I did was do a Google search on "keep cats off of your car".

:wink:
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again