Blackbird on eBay

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Firebuzzard

Blackbird on eBay

Post by Firebuzzard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:12 am

There is a Blackbird on eBay, and the guy at first didn't know what he had! He has it listed as a 2002 WS6 Trans Am 35th annivesary model. It is red and black, and IS a real Blackbird with under 2000 miles for only $32000
-1995 Firehawk convertible #486
-2000 WS6 Trans Am
-1972 Chevelle Malibu
-1969 Chevelle Malibu
-2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4
-2001 Pontiac Montana

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:13 am

'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Mar 20, 2006 7:23 am

Wish I had $32k to blow away, I'd have a new ride, ...
I seen it when it was first posted also, but there was no way I was going to email him & tell him what he really had there.
Any sensible bidder would have kept it to themselves also, ...
Nice collectible car IMO.
And low miles also!

95Firehawk_306

Post by 95Firehawk_306 » Mon Mar 20, 2006 12:15 pm

Dangit.. I only have $31,900.00. Who is gonna loan me the $50???

All kidding aside.. this is a nice car. I need a new, higher paying job I guess. Or just win the lottery.
Scott
1995 Firehawk #306

Firebuzzard

Post by Firebuzzard » Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:11 pm

I cannot believe nobody has bought it yet...$32K for a ultra rare low milage Supercar. That thing could be worth a ton of money in the future! Even if not for the money, you can have a insane performing car that is just soooooooooo cool!!! I would buy it right now, if I didn't owe money one my WS6....really, I would.
-2000 WS6 Trans Am
-1972 Chevelle Malibu
-1969 Chevelle Malibu
-2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4
-2001 Pontiac Montana

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Tue Mar 21, 2006 1:57 am

Does 380hp qualify as a Supercar?

I think it's pretty pricey, especially when you can get a C5 Z06 for around the same money.
'94 Hawk #110

Firebuzzard

Post by Firebuzzard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 2:48 am

Scott Chab wrote:Does 380hp qualify as a Supercar?

I think it's pretty pricey, especially when you can get a C5 Z06 for around the same money.
YES IT IS A SUPERCAR, do you know anything about cars? Yenko, Nickey, Dana, Firehawk, Blackbird, etc etc. They are cars that were specially built for added performance. And why do you have to comment about everyones posts. Keep your smart ass comments to yourself!
-2000 WS6 Trans Am
-1972 Chevelle Malibu
-1969 Chevelle Malibu
-2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4
-2001 Pontiac Montana

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Tue Mar 21, 2006 3:14 am

Firebuzzard wrote:
Scott Chab wrote:Does 380hp qualify as a Supercar?

YES IT IS A SUPERCAR, do you know anything about cars? Yenko, Nickey, Dana, Firehawk, Blackbird, etc etc. They are cars that were specially built for added performance. And why do you have to comment about everyones posts. Keep your smart ass comments to yourself!
Do I know anything about cars? :roll:

IMHO the Blackbird isn't in the same league as the COPOs, Yenkos, etc. Those cars were head and shoulders above the rest when it came to performance and exotic motors (i.e. all aluminum 427s) whereas the Blackbird, Firehawk, SS, etc. are pretty much bolt-on cars. There have been 345hp SLP cars that have dynoed at 325rwhp+ which is right around where this Blackbird is rated so the power is nothing special if you think about it.

If you look at something like a Berger ZL1 car, then you are talking about something special. A 600hp 427 in a 4th gen f-body from a dealer is truly an ultra rare hi-po machine.

Don't get me wrong, I love Hawks, SSs, Blackbirds, etc. but I don't think they are in the same class as some of the greatest-of-all-time domestic performance cars that you are comparing them to.

Just my $.02US/$.03CN
Last edited by Scott Chab on Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
'94 Hawk #110

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:43 am

In todays world of Amercan made muscle cars, Yes, IMO it ranks up there with all the other Dick Harrell cars, the ZL1's, & all the other GMMG specialty cars.

Again, IMO, I think it wcld bring better money in the years to come.
I think it's worth it now as it sits with low miles.

It's a specialty car, no doubt about it. Maybe it's not in the same exclusive club as the Yenko's COPO's, etc., ..., But it definitely is today's, (Well, a couple years ago anyway, ...), modern era muscle car.

And a C5 Z06 is going to loose a lot more money in the years to come. I don't think the same goes with this car.

Seriously, do you think if you had an '01-02 Z06, put up against this car, ..., say 20 years from now, what do you really think would be more valuable?

I think the Blackbird should draw more attention, but I guess I'll have to wait & see as I'm no fortune teller, ...

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Tue Mar 21, 2006 4:52 am

PontiacFan wrote:In todays world of Amercan made muscle cars, Yes, IMO it ranks up there with all the other Dick Harrell cars, the ZL1's, & all the other GMMG specialty cars.

Again, IMO, I think it wcld bring better money in the years to come.
I think it's worth it now as it sits with low miles.

It's a specialty car, no doubt about it. Maybe it's not in the same exclusive club as the Yenko's COPO's, etc., ..., But it definitely is today's, (Well, a couple years ago anyway, ...), modern era muscle car.

And a C5 Z06 is going to loose a lot more money in the years to come. I don't think the same goes with this car.

Seriously, do you think if you had an '01-02 Z06, put up against this car, ..., say 20 years from now, what do you really think would be more valuable?

I think the Blackbird should draw more attention, but I guess I'll have to wait & see as I'm no fortune teller, ...
Opinions and speculation mean that there is no sense in debating the issue. Let's just agree to disagree. I will, however, say thanks for not questioning my knowledge of cars or calling me a smartass. :wink:

BTW - if anyone is buying a car as an investment, I know a good financial planner that they might want to talk to. :)
'94 Hawk #110

DraganHawk

Post by DraganHawk » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:35 am

Some of you guys kill me. You guys put the Firehawk on some kind of pedistal. A firehawk is nothing more than a v-8 TA with graphics, a different suspension, a different muffler, and maybe a rear end. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO let's not forget those "SPECIAL" mats and key fobs.

I have THE CREME OF THE CROP "SUPERCAR" FIREHAWKS being a LIMITED EDITION 10th Anniversary Firehawk. ANd I don't think of it as some kind of Supercar.
Firehawks are special...........but not to the degree of "SUPERCAR".

The ONLY car that can match a Yenko, Balwin Motion......etc would be the 427 Berger SS.

What is a Blackbird 380? A ws6 with a different muffler and air box. Ohhh I forgot the specially painted rear bumper............WOOOOO HOOOOO that's a SUPERCAR right there. And what SUPERCAR would be without it's SPECIAL floormats........ohhhh I think I'm gonna lose it. Did I forget to mention those SPECIAL SUPERCAR STICKERS???

:roll:

Do not insult a Yenko with some crappy Firehawk or Blackbird that was a TA and changed the muffler and added decals and thus forth got its name.

Chabby is right on this one.

When we went to the Firehawk Rally last year.......how many of these Firehawks here on this board got their azz handed to them in a SUPERCAR ML55 AMG SUV?

this Supercar post makes me giggle. Want a SUPERCAR try Lambo, Ferrari, Maserati, S7, Buggatti.....etc

Garry

Post by Garry » Tue Mar 21, 2006 6:58 am

Got to agree ... while I love F-Bodies, and was hoping to get a Firebird someday (ended up with a Camaro 'vert in '01), and really was happy to get a Firebird and even a special one with it being a Firehawk (one of very few in Germany), I would never call it a Supercar. Supercars have the air of something more or less inaccessable, unreachable. Oh yes, and definitely more HP than a GM SB engine ... :) But what the heck, to each his own ...
2000 Formula Firehawk M6 #92
TR 224 Cam, Patriot Stage II Heads, LS6 ported intake manifold, Pacesetter LT Headers, LS7 clutch, 3.73's & my own EFILive Tune ;)

Firebuzzard

Post by Firebuzzard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:12 am

These types of cars have been called "Supercars" by all the magazines, thats the name THEY gave them, not the owners of the cars. They have been calling them Supercars for a long time.
Last edited by Firebuzzard on Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
-2000 WS6 Trans Am
-1972 Chevelle Malibu
-1969 Chevelle Malibu
-2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4
-2001 Pontiac Montana

Firebuzzard

Post by Firebuzzard » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:31 am

ANYWAY...its a heck of a cool car, and I wish I could afford to buy it.
-2000 WS6 Trans Am
-1972 Chevelle Malibu
-1969 Chevelle Malibu
-2000 Chevy Blazer 4x4
-2001 Pontiac Montana

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:39 am

Firebuzzard wrote:ANYWAY...its a heck of a cool car, and I wish I could afford to buy it.
Nice save buzzard, ..., Thanks for taking out the other comment that I had seen for a moment there! 8)
We don't need the arguements here.
Save'em for the other boards.

The Blackbird on eBay is a nice car that would be enjoyed by most people. I'd like to have one also. But can't afford it, & surely can't afford some fancy German-made SUV that can show me where my ass is, ..., I can find it myself, ... :D

Dragan, don't you have grass to mow?!? :lol: