FYI- iPod© mod for stock monsoon© systems...

Anything Goes (within reason)

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

99' Cajun Firehawk 157

FYI- iPod© mod for stock monsoon© systems...

Post by 99' Cajun Firehawk 157 » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:44 pm

:!: FYI-I found a gent over on LS1tech.com that mods our stock Monsoon systems to use Apple iPods....he goes into the board and solders in a 3-5' cable which comes out of the back of the unit which can be mounted anywhere in your car which accepts standard male plug from your iPod. Works great, either on cassette or cd players too, it works while either your cassette or cd is playing....under $50 too. I love mine, keeps the stock o/e stereo & look but now I have a ton of music to take with me, no more cds or tapes! (other than the on in your unit)
if you have any interest in this, pm for more details. Just passing this along to my fellow hawk purists who like me don't like aftermarket systems for what ever reason. 8)
Regards,
Todd

Visit My F~Quick Garage!

Southern F-Body
Signed Firehawk book #157

Firehawk

Post by Firehawk » Sun Aug 19, 2007 12:57 pm

Anybody know if a Monsoon systems will plug into a 1995 car? My CD player is a little flaky and I would love a iPod cable. I returned a FM transmitter because it just plain sucked.

Brian

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Sun Aug 19, 2007 8:48 pm

I'll have to double check the wiring harness' before committing to that question. I'm going to mod my alpine to accept my ipod one of these days...