New 7th Motel Info Disreguard First One

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Wayne Thomas

New 7th Motel Info Disreguard First One

Post by Wayne Thomas » Wed Feb 14, 2001 7:16 am

If you plan on attending the 7th Annual Firehawk/Comp T/A at the Norwalk International Raceway Park in Norwalk, Ohio on August 11th. & 12th. 2001. In conjunction with the Ames Performance Tri Power Pontiac Nationals.

It's not early to make your reservations. We only have a block of 25 rooms and over 1/2 of them has been taken as of 1-30-01. I would suggust that if your interested in staying with the group make your reservation ASAP. You must be a member of the FAOA with your dues current. The biggest problem the membership has is the cost of the motel rooms. They are high in price but this is due to the fact that Cedar Point Amusement Part is nearby. Most of our members also would like to be in the same motel. The motel that gave us the block of rooms is the EconoLodge located at 342 Milan Road, Norwalk, Ohio 44857 419-668-5656. I suggest calling in the morning and speaking to Ruth. Ruth is the motel manager and is more familiar with our group I have stayed at this motel last six years. I found it to be very decent for the price. If you decide to use an other motel the same early rule applies. Rooms are hard to get later in the season.

Rooms must be paid for by June 30th. 2001 via Credit Card or Money order.
Mention the correct Password (Call us at 724-437-6736 or email us at wayne AT waynethomas.com for the Password) to get the discounted rate.
Minimum stay is 2 nights, which would be August the 10th. & 11th. 2001.
The discounted rate for a room with 2 beds with 2 adults is $113.10 a night this includes all taxes. Each additional person in the room over 13 there is an extra $5.00 per person charge under 13 is free. If have any special request make them at the time you reserve your room and ask if there's an additional charge.
It is an 8-minute drive to the Raceway.

There is swimming pool.
Several fast restaurants nearby.
Please request smoking or non-smoking they will try to assist your needs.

It is not uncommon to pay as much as $150.00 to $200.00 a night this time of year. I check with the new motel across the street and their rates have going up to $149.95 for Saturday night and $139.95 for Friday night + taxÂ’s with a minimum 2 night stay. The Motel across the street will not allow small pets which the EconoLodge does

More information about the Rally and the Saturday Evening Dinner will be in the next newsletter. As always only Members with their Membership Dues Current will be eligible for prizes and trophies. Please check yours on your mailing label just below your name for (example 10-00 means your membership expired on October 1st. 2000.) This date is just an example check your mailing label for your exact date.

This year will be our 7th Rally and The Ames Performance Tri Power Pontiac Nationals 10th. event. I am sure this will be the largest and most special event in their 10 year history. I would not be surprise if there will be some special items, companies & people in attendance this year.

Wayne Thomas
FAOA/Founder