Is the Rally moving to Cordova?

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Jedi Master

Is the Rally moving to Cordova?

Post by Jedi Master » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:57 pm

Saw over on the SLP Firehawk forum where the Tri-Power Nats are moving to Cordova from Norwalk for 2003 . . . without Ames.

Is the Rally going to move with it?

http://www.hoodscoop.com/cgi-bin/ultima ... 2;t=007190

http://www.pontiacnationals.com/cordova_2003.html

Firehawk

Re: Is the Rally moving to Cordova?

Post by Firehawk » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:14 pm

Where did you get the idea it is moving?

"Another TRI POWER PONTIAC event is coming to Cordorva, IL."

from the front page: http://www.pontiacnationals.com/

Brian

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:18 pm

I just took the link right from the Firehawk forum . . . didn't go back to the index. Just reading that page about Cordova makes it appear like the show is moving . . .

Firehawk

Post by Firehawk » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:31 pm

Jedi Master wrote:I just took the link right from the Firehawk forum . . . didn't go back to the index. Just reading that page about Cordova makes it appear like the show is moving . . .
Ya, that is what I thougth at first two, then went to the front to see WTF was going on. Didn't think they could give up the digs at Norwalk, it is turning into such a great place.

Brian

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master » Wed Nov 20, 2002 8:35 pm

Agreed. I've never been to Cordova, and while it's closer to me, they've turned Norwalk into one nice dragstrip.

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Thu Nov 21, 2002 3:37 pm

If you follow one of the links it takes you to the Pontiac Nationals at Norwalk Raceway and gives the dates for 2003. Seems they are just offering another Pontiac Nationals Event.

I'm putting it in my calender already :)

Matt

Scott S

Post by Scott S » Sat Nov 23, 2002 1:27 am

I was the one who posted that in the SLP Firehawk forum. I posted my message shortly after seeing the pontiac nationals web site with the added date. Since I'm probably as close to Cordova as anyone, I threw out the idea of having some sort of informal event there, such as going out for dinner and a cruise, then heading out to an F1 indoor karting track afterwards in the Quad Cities.

At the time I posted, I was under the assumption that the FAOA was not going to be doing anything there. To date, I'm still under that assumption, though I know some consideration has been made. If the FAOA doesn't have the time or resources to organize an event, I am willing to undertake the organization of something a bit more informal (and unsanctioned) such as what I mentioned above. Or, if FAOA needs any local assistance, I'm willing to help. I'll keep looking into this with the help of Wayne to see what we can get put together, be it a formal FAOA event or an informal enthusiast get-together.

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Sun Nov 24, 2002 10:27 pm

There are a few of us around that would be willing to help organize something.

Matt
1995 Firehawk #227, 396...and a few other things...