Cedar Point after the Firehawk/Comp TA Rally??

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Matt B

Cedar Point after the Firehawk/Comp TA Rally??

Post by Matt B » Thu Mar 27, 2003 11:41 am

Cindy and I have decided we are sticking around and hitting the amusement park on Monday Aug 11th, and wondered if we should turn this into a Firehawk Group event, and what interest there would be.

To get a group discount, we would need at least 15 people to qualify. Ticket prices are normally $43.95 ea, and with 15 or more the price is $31.00 ea.

You can read more about it at: http://www.cedarpoint.com and check out the massive, and fast Roller Coasters they have there.

Let me know if there is any interest and I'll get working on the group tickets.

Matt

hawk01

Ceader Point

Post by hawk01 » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:23 am

My family and I are planning on going to Cedar Point on the 8th because school will be in session the next week for us.
Darrell & Kim Flannery
2001 Formula SOM #444
M6Hurst Shifter, , Deck Mat, Portfolio, T-Tops, Eibach Springs & Bilstein Shocks, LS-1 Motorsports Lid and Bellows, BMR Adj. Panhard Bar, LCAs & Brackets, SLP STB, Hypertech Thermo. & Program, 4.11 gears

firehawk2000

Post by firehawk2000 » Wed May 28, 2003 5:36 pm

Matt,
My Hubby and I are planning to stick around and go on the 11th. If there are not enough people interested to qualify for a discount, my husband is active military and may be able to get discount tickets. I just want to try out that new coaster! I think just one ride will be worth 40 plus bucks!
2000firehawk631Delaware

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Wed May 28, 2003 7:33 pm

Its looking like we should have enough people to get it. I'll hopefully be calling them sometime next week :)

Elizabeth Harris

Enter to win free Cedar Point tickets

Post by Elizabeth Harris » Mon Jun 30, 2003 11:35 pm

Enter to win free Cedar Point tickets at http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun_on ... ryform.cfm

I am also planning to go on August 8th with one of my friends and her three kids. Ticket prices from our MRW are $35 for 3-59 or over 48"; $22 for 3-6 and seniors. Active or retired military personnel admission is $26.95 with ID, but this admission is purchased only on site. All other family members and friends must purchase a regular ticket (or an advance sale).

If any one can get a better deal, please let me know. Thanks!

Elizabeth

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Tue Jul 01, 2003 10:13 pm

Elizabeth,

How did you ever come out with for the special parade permit to get us out of the Holiday inn??

Thanks

Matt

Elizabeth Harris

Sandusky Cruise

Post by Elizabeth Harris » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:50 pm

After I called and first inquired, I decided to wait until closer to the event. I figured about a month before was enough notice to plan for manpower and logistics, but I wanted to wait until after the July 4th weekend. Cops seem to get a little edgy around that time.

Then when I was talking to Kelly Kresser of the City of Sandusly today, I ran into a little snag here with getting a "letter of permission" for the cruise...It seems that there is more than one jurisdiction involved. Where we want to begin is actually in Perkins Township. But some parts of the cruise are in Sandusky.

So now I have to set up a meeting to go see the Chief of Police (Tim McClung) in Perkins Township! This township has original jurisdiction. However, the people in Sandusky did not seem to be opposed to our car cruise.....curious, maybe. And the good part is that if Perkins Towmship buys into it, then Sandusky will too. This means the police would also stop traffic at every intersection--no more lost convoy!

I remain hopeful. The good thing is, that I make my living navigating through government red tape and regulations, so I know government-ese and double-talk when I hear it. This maze is not so bad.

Update to follow soon.

Elizabeth Harris

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:59 pm

Good to hear Elizabeth!!

If you need a copy of the cruise route let me know. I can probably whip one up similar to last years, unless Wayne has one online.

Great Job!

Matt