Next Year's Firehawk/Comp T/A Rally

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

fhawk149

Next Year's Firehawk/Comp T/A Rally

Post by fhawk149 » Mon Aug 18, 2003 3:49 pm

The 10th Annual Firehawk/Comp T/A Rally will be held August 7th & 8th 2004. Once again the Holiday Inn in Sandusky will host the Dinner & Rooms. I have a tentative agreement with the Holiday Inn that the rooms will once again be $129.00 per night compare to the regular rate of $169-189 per night. They also agreed to hold the cost of the buffet dinner to the same $25.00 person which includes all tips and tax's. This will be our forth year at the Holiday inn and the price of the rooms remain the same. As soon as we close the deal we will let the membership know.

Since this is our 10th Rally I will promise this will be the best yet. We are changing the number our trophies that we will be giving out and adding more class's. Such as best best stock, best paint and etc. We hope to increase the trophies to a tolal of 50 from the present 30.

We are also thinking of changing the popular voting system to a voting point system. We will put this before & explain to the membership in the up coming newsletter.

I would like to thank Dave Hamburger, Ed Hamburger, Jeff Y, SLP, Mac Logan, Bob Deffenbaugh, Tammy Deffenbaugh, Brian France, Ed Beaulieu, Dean Fait, Elizabeth Harris, Matt Bennett, Gene Lease, Rick Lake, Mike Alford, Bonnie Thomas and those others who wish not to be mention for their help.

There will be some very important items to be put before the attendee's at next year's event. I strongly urge everyone to attend the event.
Lets make 10th event the best yet. For the members that could not attend this year or those members who have not decided just ask the members that attended if its worth the drive & time.

Once again Thanks for making our group as great as it is. Hope to see all the old faces and many new ones next year. If any one has any new ideas or suggustions let us know

Thanks
Wayne
Founder FAOA, Owner 1999 #119 & Former Owner of 1994 #149

Camino LS6

Post by Camino LS6 » Tue Aug 19, 2003 9:51 am

Great work,Wayne. Thanks for a fine event this year . My trophy suggestion is this: separate categories for T/A, Formula, and Convertible. Hope to be there next year!
Camino LS6
'02 Formula Hawk-Last Hawk built (11/25/02 @SLP-Troy) SOLD 1/19/07
Black/ebony cloth,M6,TCS,Hurst
1LE,Auburn,mats,deck mat,portfolio,car cover

Chuck Stong

Post by Chuck Stong » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:06 am

If you want to make a change, that is fine, but make sure you keep it easy to figure out the score. The current system is simple, which I like. Some people like a technival score sheet, but how many people know how to judge that way? I do, so if you need an official judge, I am willing to help (I have judged at national shows).

If you go for a big change, you might want to combine car to just lt1/ls1 classes separated by stock, modified, and daily driver classes. Just an idea. If you want, just email or call and we can discuss further.
Chuck Stong
94 #307, 383 setup for roadracing and with an audiophile quality sound system

Firehawk 526

Post by Firehawk 526 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:23 pm

Wayne, I am definitely interested so when the detailed are ironed out, I assume that the reservation(s), agenda(s), eta. will be published?

Will wait with baited breath!!! Sounds like a fantastic time.

fhawk149

Post by fhawk149 » Mon Jan 05, 2004 11:50 pm

Info for this year's Rally will be in this issue of the newsletter to be mailed out to members around the 3rd or 4th week of Jan. 2004

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:15 am

fhawk149 wrote:Info for this year's Rally will be in this issue of the newsletter to be mailed out to members around the 3rd or 4th week of Jan. 2004

I never got a newsletter this time around, ..., What's up with that?!?
Can someone review the list & let me know if my name is still on there?
I got a couple versions last year after I signed up, but not this one.

:(

fhawk149

Post by fhawk149 » Sat Feb 14, 2004 9:49 am

Hi.

I checked our membership list and you are still on it. Your membership expires on 2-1-04. I always send an extra issue of the newsletter to cover any lapse in membership. so you would still get a newsletter in April of this year even if your membership expired. Please email your mailing address just in case it changed. This issue I got 4 newsletters back because they were undeliverable. Then again it could of got lost in the mail itself. But I did send this issue to you. As soon as you email me your address I will place another in the mail to you. Email to wayne@waynethomas.com.

Thanks
Wayne Thomas
FAOA/Founder