Calgary Cruise

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

HawkLT1

Re: Calgary Cruise

Post by HawkLT1 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 1:18 pm

tazman71 wrote:Is anyone planning on attending from the Great Lakes/Chicago area?
What are your plans for getting there, what nites do you plan on staying at the hotel. I called to book a room, and they are to be prepayed, and are non refundable. Just don't want to make a reservation for a room and not be there on the correct nites.

I'll be going up to Calgary for the Fest. I am leaving from the Quad City area of IL/IA. I am planning on leaving sometime on Thursday. :wink:
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Originator of the west coast "FirehawkFest"
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

Chuck Stong

Post by Chuck Stong » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:37 am

I plan on leaving Wed. from Dallas. I am not sure of the route I will be driving, but if possible, it would be cool to meet up at some points. I need to study a map soon, and check highway conditions.
Chuck Stong
94 #307, 383 setup for roadracing and with an audiophile quality sound system

HawkLT1

Post by HawkLT1 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 9:52 am

Chuck,

Most likely I will be going through Pierre, SD, Billings MT and Great Falls OR I will be going through the Twin Cities and over through the Black Hills and Minot, ND and up to Regina and over from there. Let me know as I plan on arriving at Mac's sometime Friday late afternnon/early evening for cocktails!!! :!:
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

Sideshow

Post by Sideshow » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:04 pm

HawkLT1 wrote:Chuck,

Most likely I will be going through Pierre, SD, Billings MT and Great Falls OR I will be going through the Twin Cities and over through the Black Hills and Minot, ND and up to Regina and over from there. Let me know as I plan on arriving at Mac's sometime Friday late afternnon/early evening for cocktails!!! :!:
Any idea when you might be planning on going through Regina? I was going to go through Saskatoon (as I was already going to be north of Regina already), but given the opportunity to hook up with other(s) via Regina, I would probably do that.
2001 NBM T/A Firehawk Convertible
All GM options, MN6
SLP options - Bilstein, Auburn, Chrome Wheels, Cover, Portfolio, Personalized Mat
Custom FRC's & head plate
, DG SFC's & STB, Loudmouth II

HawkLT1

Post by HawkLT1 » Wed Jun 15, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm not 100% sure which way I'll go yet as 24 hour borderc rossings are a problem too, but IF I go through Regina it should be around 5 -6 AM on Friday I'm guessing. And that is all it is, is a guess. 8O
As soon as I see what others do (Matt and Chuck and others), then I'll probably make up my mind on which route to take.
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

HawkLT1

Post by HawkLT1 » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:13 am

I think I have my route to Calgary all planned out. I'll be going from the Quad Cities through Mpls, Fargo, Jamestown, Minot and up through Portal, ND border crossing (this is a 24 facility). Then over to Moose Jaw and into Calgary with a late afternoon arrival planned into Calgary. Does this work out for anybody else planing on attending the Fest? I have a set of 2-way radios I'll be bringing with. :wink:
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

Sideshow

Post by Sideshow » Thu Jun 23, 2005 11:26 am

I might very well be interested in hooking up with you in Moose Jaw. It would definitely be a nicer drive to Calgary with another Hawk or more. I'd be starting out Friday morning about 2 - 2-1/2 hours away from Moose Jaw. I'll also have a pair of two way radios with me.

tazman71

Post by tazman71 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:26 pm

Looks like I will be hooking up with Matt in Iowa on Wednesday morning. Should be a fun trip.
Bob, I would be interested in heading back your way, since I will be heading the same direction anyway. Just a couple of hours farther.
See everyone in Canada.
Chad

HawkLT1

Post by HawkLT1 » Mon Jun 27, 2005 6:43 pm

Sounds good Chad. We can discuss that up in Calgary, but right now I plan on leaving sometime on Sunday and driving a couple hundred miles until I stop for the night. I don't think I'll be able to do what I did just a few short years ago, like all day at the rally in Norwalk and then driving to Winnemucca, NV for a 3 hr nap and then home to Sacramento. I'm just not that used to driving long haul anymore.
See ya in Calgary, and who knows, we can still hook up outside Calgary with you and Matt maybe and arrive together.
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

Matt B

Post by Matt B » Mon Jun 27, 2005 8:25 pm

I'm planning on hitting the road as soon as possible as I hope to make it back for Class Tuesday morning at 8, so I'll be cruising as late as possible Sunday night, probably get back into the states sooner on Mac's recommendation that there aren't as many cops :)

Chuck Stong

Post by Chuck Stong » Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:16 am

I still don't know my route yet. I still have not finished painting my car, as I ran into some problems that have just recently been fixed. Hopefully I will be able to look at a map this weekend.
Chuck Stong
94 #307, 383 setup for roadracing and with an audiophile quality sound system