Trouble for Ron and Chong?

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Zoo Hawk

Trouble for Ron and Chong?

Post by Zoo Hawk » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:22 pm

I was exiting Norwalk on Sunday at 5:20 PM, at the completion of the Ames trophy presentation, when I noticed a flat bed hauler with a SOM Firebird perched above. The hauler was headed toward central Norwalk. As I passed, I noticed the yellow door decal and then the temporary Illinois tags. My heart sank. I figured that something had broken.

As I traveled further, I saw no signs of trouble or a stranded couple.

Does anyone know the details? Was anyone in a convoy with the Schriner's on Sunday?

Thanks,
Rick Sliwoski

Zoo Hawk
2000 T/A Firehawk #0428
Pewter Metallic, M6, Bilstein suspension
Chrome wheels, Floormats, Cover
No Modifications (yet)

Scott S

Post by Scott S » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:58 pm

Matt B and I passed them and Ron was pulled over on I80 just a couple miles west of Sandusky with the flatbed truck on the scene. Matt called Ron, but the reception was poor. Must have been mechanical, as it didn't look as though anything had happened to the car in any other terms.

AF Chief

Post by AF Chief » Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:52 pm

Here is what I just posted on the General Page--thanksguys and we are back home in a Grand Am.

Well, we made it home but the Hawk is still in Norwalk. I knew something wasn't quite right when I made my last pass on the track but thought I could get it home. I was wrong. Decided to get an early start back so we headed out at about 3:00pm Sunday. Got about 2 miles down the road on I-80 and all hell broke loose in the rear-end. Locked the wheels up solid at about 75mph right on top of a bridge with guard rails on both sides of the road. Managed to get it over to the right side without hitting anything, just barely a foot off the road. It was sitting just over the hill so the traffic coming over couldn't see us until they crested the hill so there was no chance for them to scoot over. We were very lucky to get a flat bed tow truck there and get us out of there without an accident. Anyway the Hawk is sitting in a nice place called Fishers Transmissions and the Moser 12-Bolt should be there by Wednesday. We rented a car and will drive back and pick her up when she's ready. Thanks for all the calls and offers for help! It's always great knowing when the _ _ _ _ hits the fan, you have friends ready to help out. You know who you are--you folks all rock--thanks!!! First thing I told Chong was "we're safe and we made it through it". The big guy was looking out for us once again. Hey--we picked up 2 trophies this weekend too--it's all good!!!! Later!
Retired Air Force Chief Master Sgt; 2002 Hawk #17; SOM; 6M; Ghost Bird w/Flames on Hood; LTs, LM, CAI, CAM, LS1 Edit, 4.10s, + more; Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine Editors Choice 550+ Firebirds; Best et 12.94 @ 109mph
Retired Air Force Chief Master Sgt; 2002 Hawk #17; SOM; 6M; Ghost Bird w/Flames on Hood; LTs, LM, CAI, CAM, LS1 Edit, 4.10s, + more; Pontiac Enthusiast Magazine Editors Choice 550+ Firebirds; Best et 12.94 @ 109mph