I Need Information on Sandusky Ohio's COMPFEST 2008!!!

Talk about up coming Rallies, Fests & other events.

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

MissPrezR/E/A

I Need Information on Sandusky Ohio's COMPFEST 2008!!!

Post by MissPrezR/E/A » Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:49 pm

Hello! I'm the daughter of a purchased-new Comp T/A owner (1996 T-tops), who has been DYING to go to CompFest for sometime now. Trouble is he's not the best at computers, and has failed miserably trying to get pertinent information off of these sites. So, here we are, in 2008, and the poor guy really wants to attend Compfest 2008. (That is, if there's going to be one.) Could you please help me out by sending me all the information for Compfest 2008 - everything - how to get a room, dinner, hotel reservations, etc, etc.

I have searched firehawk.org for information for 2008's CompFest, but I only see sign ups and info for 2007's. Is there going to be one this year? Can someone help me out please? Your help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

~Raquelle (Jim's daughter)

P.S. Does anyone know if comp-ta.com is still in use? It seems all of the latest posts are from 2004.

Maplehawk

Post by Maplehawk » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:43 pm

Well the Rally is still on for August and typically has a half dozen Comp-T/As in attendance. There is a separate show category as well. great year to attend. A bit more intimate so you can get to know folks.

No idea about the website.
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04
2018 Mercedes-Benz C300 Wagon
Proud Member - Firehawk Association of America
Author of Firehawk - Fiercest of the Firebirds

MissPrezR/E/A

Thanks

Post by MissPrezR/E/A » Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 pm

Thank you for an actual response, considering 60+ people viewed it with no reply at all!

If you hear about any new information about CompFest 2008 please let me know. It'd be greatly appreciated. :D

HawkLT1

Post by HawkLT1 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:58 pm

http://www.firehawk.org/article/3775.html

Follow this link to the Firehawk Rally and Comp T/A get-together. This will tell you a bit more about it.

I think the reason no one replied earlier is that there is no "Compfest" that I know of. They have always been part of the Firehawk Rally with their own classes, etc...

Hope this helps
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Originator of the west coast "FirehawkFest"
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

MissPrezR/E/A

Thanks!

Post by MissPrezR/E/A » Fri Jun 13, 2008 5:52 pm

Yea, as soon as read Maplehawk's post I thought I'd try looking for info. again on the 14th annual CompFest...and sure enough it was finally up right at the top of the page! :D

Thank you, that's right where I went and found it! :D

I'm glad all the fine details are up, my dad was starting to think maybe they weren't having one this year - I told him maybe the info. simply hadn't been posted yet, hence why nobody knew!

[I'm always right.]

Just kiddin.

HawkLT1

Re: Thanks!

Post by HawkLT1 » Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:40 am

MissPrezR/E/A wrote:Yea, as soon as read Maplehawk's post I thought I'd try looking for info. again on the 14th annual CompFest...and sure enough it was finally up right at the top of the page! :D

Thank you, that's right where I went and found it! :D

I'm glad all the fine details are up, my dad was starting to think maybe they weren't having one this year - I told him maybe the info. simply hadn't been posted yet, hence why nobody knew!

[I'm always right.]

Just kiddin.

No, you are right. At least this time :wink:

I think they were waiting to post all the details until the members had a chance to grab up the available hotel rooms, etc and then they posted the news this past week.
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Originator of the west coast "FirehawkFest"
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

MissPrezR/E/A

Oh I See...

Post by MissPrezR/E/A » Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:05 pm

Oh I see...

Woo hoo, I was right this time. :wink:

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:45 pm

This might help ya convince him to attend, ...
http://www.firehawk.org/gallery/v/ralli ... G.jpg.html

MissPrezR/E/A

Oh Trust Me, He's Been Dying To Go...

Post by MissPrezR/E/A » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:38 pm

Oh, trust me, he's been dying to go for years now!

He just could never find pertinent information about HOW to go.

Well, I found it for him this year. :D

Now I just got to push him along to become a 'dues-paying' member, so he can sign up for this thing and fill out all the appropriate forms.

I'll have to show him the link you posted, maybe that will push him along to sign up for whatever needs taken care of. :wink:

Maplehawk

Re: Oh Trust Me, He's Been Dying To Go...

Post by Maplehawk » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:55 pm

MissPrezR/E/A wrote:Now I just got to push him along to become a 'dues-paying' member, so he can sign up for this thing and fill out all the appropriate forms.

I'll have to show him the link you posted, maybe that will push him along to sign up for whatever needs taken care of. :wink:
YOU CAN SIGN UP AT THE SHOW! How easy is that :wink:

I've been many times from probably much farther than you. It makes owning one of these cars that much more fun.

What year and # is his Comp?
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04

Maplehawk

Re: Oh Trust Me, He's Been Dying To Go...

Post by Maplehawk » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:55 pm

MissPrezR/E/A wrote:Now I just got to push him along to become a 'dues-paying' member, so he can sign up for this thing and fill out all the appropriate forms.

YOU CAN SIGN UP AT THE SHOW! How easy is that :wink:

I've been many times from probably much farther than you. It makes owning one of these cars that much more fun.

What year and # is his Comp?
Mac Logan
1992 Firehawk #05
1995 Firehawk #C04

MissPrezR/E/A

Oh Really...

Post by MissPrezR/E/A » Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:47 am

Oh really, you can sign right up at the show? I'll have to tell him that one. I just got back from their house (his and my mom's) for father's day, and he was talking about his "badass August vacation" lol..

Well, his Comp's a '96, one with t-tops, annnnd I cannot recall his number. Last time he told me he had to double check b/c of the manufacturer's # mistake stuff.. he has to dig out all of the paperwork for it.

He's a really, realllllly organized guy.

:roll: [Sarcastic eye roll.]

02hawk796

Post by 02hawk796 » Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:18 am

Where is he coming from?
Planning on joining with the caravan from his area?
2002 T/A Firehawk Convertible #0796 BlackEbonyBlack 6-spd, WI Plate "OH2 HAWK"
GM: TCS, Hurst, 12CD, Last of the Breed
SLP: Bilstein, Chromes, Cover, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat, Portfolio
SLP After: Skip-shift Eliminator, Customized Rear Deck Mat

MissPrezR/E/A

I Would Think So...

Post by MissPrezR/E/A » Mon Jun 16, 2008 9:47 am

He lives in Eastlake, OH (that's about 20 mins. from Cleveland, a little over an hour from Sandusky).

Um, I'm not sure I'm thinking of the right event when you say 'caravan,' but I do know that he would like to be involved/sign up for every thing that he possibly can while there.

(And if by caravan you mean the parade of Comp's down the street, yes, he has talked about that and would like to do that for sure.)

:)

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:03 am

Caravan refers to the gathering-groups of people meeting up along the routes to the event. For example, there's usually a caravan of cars coming in from the east, & one caravan coming in from the west along I-80 to Sandusky.