For Sale: 1995 Pontiac Firehawk car # 481

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

zmaro

Re: For Sale: 1995 Pontiac Firehawk car # 481

Post by zmaro » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:00 am

stardock76 wrote:If you want to see the car all washed up, go to the Firehawk.org main page and pictures are there of what it looks like all shined up. I don't have the time to clean it currently as my 12 week old baby currently takes all the washing time I have available. I'll sell it or I won't.
Statements such as the exhaust and what not are appreciated but who cares if you think it doesn't glisten enough. The car looks exactly as is posted on the main page and if you want to buy it and wash it, feel free. It has dirt on it. Get over it or just move on. This board was supposed to be about real people who know Firehawks and not paint queens.
'01 Formula Hardtop

stardock76

Post by stardock76 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:53 pm

Firebrian, yes the car was driven on a dirt road as it was on a ranch for 4 years. And you're right I haven't had time to get out there and clean it like I should.

And a paint queen is someone who talks about how dirty a car is rather than ask if anything has been replaced? Are there mechanical issues we should know about? Has it ever been involved in any incident's? How was it driven?

I get it. It's dirty. It's also one year from being an antique and am asking far from a premium for a rare, well taken care of minus the dirt, car. I'm not suggesting to anyone that they should purchase it, just that it is being offered. You could always have Pontiac build you one.

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:26 am

stardock76 wrote:Firebrian, yes the car was driven on a dirt road as it was on a ranch for 4 years. And you're right I haven't had time to get out there and clean it like I should.

And a paint queen is someone who talks about how dirty a car is rather than ask if anything has been replaced? Are there mechanical issues we should know about? Has it ever been involved in any incident's? How was it driven?

I get it. It's dirty. It's also one year from being an antique and am asking far from a premium for a rare, well taken care of minus the dirt, car. I'm not suggesting to anyone that they should purchase it, just that it is being offered. You could always have Pontiac build you one.
Someone being asked to pay a premium for a car that isn't clean when it is shown for sale is going to ask about the condition of the paint. It's expensive to paint a car if it needs it and there is no way to tell that if you see it when it is dirty. Having a dirty car, especially one that is rare, also makes people question how the rest of the car was maintained.

The Antique Automobile Club of America defines an antique car as 25 years old, not 20.

You're new to this site, we are trying to help you and you're being sarcastic. Not very smart.
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

Firebrian

Post by Firebrian » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:06 am

stardock76 wrote:Firebrian, yes the car was driven on a dirt road as it was on a ranch for 4 years. And you're right I haven't had time to get out there and clean it like I should.

I usually don't even get to that point about asking questions about was has been replaced when I see that the exterior has not been kept up and routinely cleaned. If the owner couldn't clean the car you have to figure they are going to be very slow in getting to a leak in the AC system or other mechanical and electrical issues. Why would a potential buyer think otherwise? Someone who can drive 30-60 min to take a look for themselves will do so. But any other buyer around the country just can't afford to invest the time and effort if the car doesn't give off good vibes. And a car that was driven on dirt roads, not cleaned/vacuumed, and currently sporting dry-rotted tires doesn't exactly give off those "loving owner" vibes. You can tell me how cautiously you drove and maintained it but that's pretty meaningless w/o seeing and driving the car in person. The last "dirty" LS-1 I saw was a 2001 WS6 with only 31,000 miles. But it looked like 131,000 miles based on the interior and exterior wear and tear. The owner was a young farmer who drove the car all over their muddy acres as the underside was one big caked up muddy mess. The irony was that the dealership that had this car was telling me the farm boy treated this car "good." When I went to GM and asked for warranty records they told me this car had nearly every major system replaced (ie engine bearings replaced, rear end rebuilt, shifter and clutch rebuilt, brakes done TWICE, tires done twice, window motors and rear view mirror motors replaced, to name just some of the items). Was I to believe the dealership that this car was treated "good" or should I believe my eyes in the totally ripped up driver's seat, the jagged chipped fiberglass on the hood-roof-wing, and all the mud on the undercarriage? There was black spray paint shot around the upper right quarter panel to hide something...and it was flaking off. Oh yeah, the tires were worn out and had flat spots that caused it to shake hard at over 60 mph, a veer sharply to one side on hard braking. And those guys let me out on the highway w/o telling me that. Yeah, those 31,000 miles were "good" miles. And I drove 90 minutes from home to look at this low mileage "gem."

JB74

Post by JB74 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Scott Chab wrote:Having a dirty car, especially one that is rare, also makes people question how the rest of the car was maintained...... we are trying to help you and you're being sarcastic. Not very smart.
AMEN! and AMEN! Was going to jump in earlier, but you just said it... :lol:

Anyone else up for a little more humble pie? :wink:

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Sat Feb 15, 2014 3:18 pm

Here's my $0.08 based off the 1st post, others comments and from an advertising angle as well as being a Firehawk owner, lover and hunter. To me a true garage kept survivor would lead me to believe that there is next to nothing wrong with it and very well maintained. Too many upgrades to list? There really isn't that much to list that makes a firehawk a firehawk. I can buy into the whole minor scratches but I DO NOT believe the turn signal plastic becoming brittle or the head liner drooping. I'm also curious as to what LT1 motor upgrades were performed because that could take away from it being a factory firehawk besides the advertised radio. Now back to the tail lights and head liner. My 1995 Firehawk has over 160,000 miles worth of wear. Neither The tail light plastic or any other plastic parts are cracking nor is the headliner drooping and it's spent most of her life on the road and in the garage. I've also never herd of any other F-body having these issues. . The road rash my car has I would not describe as scratches, I would say more scuffs and 160k miles worth of wear. The perception the reader might think when a seller types "scratches" is just that, a scratches. Regardless of how small they might be to you, they might be big to a potential buyer. Knowing Houston and the heat, I'm willing to bet the car has spend some time out doors baking in the sun which I would believe could cause the headliner glue to start failing and plastic parts to deteriorate causing cracking. Lets shift to the left, in 6 months in a state that doesn't get all that cold you couldn't go down to the local Walmart and pick up an eighty dollar battery? and who knows how much longer it will be until you do so you can start it up and get it out side for a much needed bath. If you didnt put in fuel stabilizer 6+month old fuel is probably sour. Sales is all about presentation and for these cars and many like it documentation. People don't want to see pictures taken who knows how long ago, they want the most up to date pictures to reflect the most current condition. Also being as rare as these cars are people are going to want to see pictures of all the described defects such as those tires, the drooping headliner, the cracking tail lights and the minor to you scratches from road debris and their locations. If you want to get top dollar you have to present them a top dollar car and in the end it's not what you think the car is worth, it's what the buyer thinks it's worth and what they are willing to spend. I highly recommend you go buy a battery, get it washed and start taking pictures... and please follow the guidelines for posting in this section since i don't even know how much you are trying to sell it for. ... Good luck and don't forget, these are just letters on a computer screen with the intent to help.
2001#194 (Unicorn)

fhawk6351995

Post by fhawk6351995 » Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:38 am

635 was my car...I was the original owner until I sold it in July 2012.
Not sure what I was thinking at the time. I have many pics and kept all the original paperwork (not sure why). She lived 17 years in New England, truly just about perfect paint. Then shipped to TX and thought the car would stay with the buyer for a while….but he traded it for a new Challenger. I sold it for 11K.

I know it has been stated….but I have to say it myself…. that car is a real FH (R6v) 1 of 3 with the options and color! Pretty much all original, borla pipes was my decision because I can't stand the look of the 2 on side from SLP. I hope she has a good owner now....probably getting abused. Hope not.