2002 Firehawk #259

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

my_ego07

2002 Firehawk #259

Post by my_ego07 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:53 pm

I originally purchased this car from an owner on this site back in 2005, so I figured I would post this up here because I know owners of these Pontiacs are very different than other car owners and take a lot of pride in their rides.
2002 Firehawk NBM, ebony interior, t-tops, 78,355 miles, 383 with rotating assembly from TSP, foraged crank and compstar rods and wiseco pistons -3cc, AFR heads 225cc 66cc, 1.7 yella terra rockers, hardened pushrods, T-rex camshaft, ls2 intake with fuel rail and factory ls2 injectors and a fast 102 and 102 tb come with also and it has 36 pound injectors the larger style. Fast upper has two small cracks to upper needs to be replaced. Motor has 25000 miles on it was intstall in 2010, afr heads have 7000 miles on them. Has kooks headers 17/8 into their full true dual exhaust with cats that are hollowed out.
So for those that require emissions such as i do it will pass the visual. Has bmr k-member, upper and lower arms, the lower are adjustable with the one inch lowered. qa-1 double adjustable shocks and wildwood six piston brakes up front, factory slotted rear with hawk pads.
Car is currently setup in SD tune, but started the install of the 4inch maf, just havent converted the tuning over to it. The wheels are the oe zo6 style 18x9.5 up front and the 19x10 in the back with nitto invo tires all the way around. Also have the factory firehawk wheels that will be included obviously. One of the fronts was curb and I will be replacing it, so all wheels will be going.
Transmission is 4l65e with all the updated clutchs and servos, shift kit and a transmission specialties 3800 stall converter and also a transmission cooler. Rearend is factory auburn posi, with 3.73 gears. BMR subframes boxed, with bmr lower control arms and the lowering brackets welded on the rearend and a umi adjustable torque arm, bmr panhard rod along with the upper panhard rod for the kooks cat back.
Interior, kenwood head unit, with powerbass speakers in doors and behind in back seats, some of the factory speakers work off of the head unit. Has a 10 inch powerbass sub that is run off of powerbass amp all mounted nicely in rear of car, so the t-tops can still be used in the back. Whole car was sound deadened beacsue exhaust is loud and helped somewhat to hear yourself think. Inside also are an innovative af ratio guage and temp and voltage. Windows are also tinted 35% sides and back.
I would have to say body wise the car is 7. I am the second owner and car is garaged, the first owner lived on a gravel road. ground effects are beat up and the front under nose. Also a few dings on back quarter panels, when iroc spoiler was install it was over-tightened and has bubbled paint but not crack since i have owned it.
Also has hid headlights and fog lights, in blue. Car made 462 hp at the rear wheels. It is also number 259 out of 1501 made in 2002.
Im going to ask for about 18,000, and currently the car is located in St Louis MO. I can be contacted either via email at my_ego07@sbcglobal.net or if interested I can send cell number also. I do have the original window stickers and some of the options have been replaced because of wear and tear. I do have pictures of a lot that has been done to the vehicle, any questions dont hesitate to ask. Car is also registered on the owners list.

Thank You
Phil Becker

Firebrian

Re: 2002 Firehawk #259

Post by Firebrian » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:36 pm

Welcome back. $18K is certainly strong money for a 78K mile body with performance mods/alterations. The seller below was begging people to take his mint/stock 2002 FH with 13,800 miles for $18K back in December. No takers. He then offered to pay $1,000 towards shipping which would have covered anyone within 1,000 miles. That got a couple dealer flippers to respond. Tough market out there. And no shortage of quality cars.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=12000

my_ego07

Re: 2002 Firehawk #259

Post by my_ego07 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:18 pm

I hear ya, in no real hurry to sell. I have seen from top to bottom all kinds ws6, hawks and ta's with no miles and some with a lot going for mid to high twenties. Car is paid off and sits. I purchased it with 34k back in 05 and cars are meant to be driven, not to sit and collect dust. Winter is always tough time but spring is on the way I hope. I know a few people that have bought low mile f-bodys and paid a lot only to have a car break cause all it did was sit. If you have to beg to sell a car, you are putting yourself in a terribly bad spot. If it doesnt sell in 6 to 10 months, ill trade it in as is. But always hard to find that next car.... :D