99 hawk price

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

car price

99 hawk price

Post by car price » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:03 pm

Looking for price on 99 firehawk

mileage 16000, black, no modifications, auburn posi, full load except 6 pack cd changer.

Car is in excellent condition(a few blemishes but it has miles on it) probably a solid 9 out of 10 with one owner and full documentation.

Never winter driven and always stored indoors.
Owner is not sure of value but is hoping for $23000. What is the range of value on this car?

Thanks in advance

slowbird780

Re: 99 hawk price

Post by slowbird780 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:51 pm

Car is only worth what a buyer is willing to pay if you know what I mean. If it were me though I would say right around 20k , but hey thats just my opinion

Mattie

Post by Mattie » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:05 am

For what it's worth, I paid $20K for a 2000 Firehawk with 7,000 miles on it - year & a half ago.

Don't know what the market is doing at the moment.

Check out Cars-On-Line

As slowbird said, whatever someone will pay.....

http://cars-on-line.com/firebird.html
mattie

2000 T/A Firehawk #C15
Black, T-tops, 6spd.

randybirdhawk

Post by randybirdhawk » Wed Feb 19, 2014 1:14 pm

NADA is the only site that incudes the SLP Firehawk option. The condition you are describing would most likely be "High Retail $14,500". The options may add some but NADA only offers WS6 as an option which was not available anyway.
2001 Formula Firehawk #190
SLP 160°F Thermostat, SLP Fan Control Switch, SLP Skip Shift, SLP Tower Brace, SLP Air Box Lid, SLP Smooth Bellows, SLP High Capacity Radiator, and #241 Ported and Polished Heads
http://www.fquick.com/randybird

Firebrian

Post by Firebrian » Wed Feb 19, 2014 9:12 pm

car price wrote:Looking for price on 99 firehawk

mileage 16000, black, no modifications, auburn posi, full load except 6 pack cd changer.

Car is in excellent condition(a few blemishes but it has miles on it) probably a solid 9 out of 10 with one owner and full documentation.

Never winter driven and always stored indoors.
Owner is not sure of value but is hoping for $23000. What is the range of value on this car?

Thanks in advance
$15K nominal. Range of $13.5K to $15.5K.

I value the car from a 2002 WS6 with 16K miles that trades all the time in the $16K to $18K range. Let's say $17K is fair value. For 3 model years difference subtract $3K. For Firehawk add $1K to $2K (I usually go with $1.5K). So $15.5K. Fwiw a forum member advertised their 1999 Red FH with 38K miles last spring (automatic, hard top). Ask price was $13K. Make a $2K mileage adjustment ($1K/10K miles) and you're back to $15K. The 1999's are not as eagerly sought as the 2001-2002's making them a harder sell for all the money. Owner is smoking something if they're thinking $23K. For $23K you should get a fully loaded 2002 Hawk with under 10,000 miles (and ALL available SLP options). While the Auburn posi was a $900 option I'd probably prefer to have the Torsen knowing it will last longer on the street. I'd expect most 16K mile LS-1's (hawks, ws-6, ss) to have minimal blemishes (a few tiny paint chips on the hood, no blistering paint on the roof-hood-hatch back, no dents, a few very fine hairline scratches in well hiddern areas, etc.). Most people have kept these low mileage cars extremely mint. Figure on a $800 A/C repair if the system has never been worked and it's been recharged from time to time. At 16K miles might still have orig tires which will cost you in the near future. Slow door and head light motors are also common repairs 2nd and 3rd owners run into. One seller here back in December couldn't even find a buyer at $18K for their 2002 FH with 15K to 20K miles as I recall.

The car you describe sounds decent....as long as you can buy it right. Something tells me the seller is not going to be happy around $15K. If KBB/NADA is around $14.5K for a mint car....that's a good deal imo for 16K miles. The "mintness" of those 16K miles can also vary by $1K to $2K. There are 16K mile hawks that have been mechanically beat that appear mint vs. others that are essentially mechanically brand new that were given exceptional care. I'd put a range of $13.5K to $15.5K on this car based on your description. Don't see it being worth over $16K no matter how nice. If paying all the money for a 6 speed I'd want a totally quiet gear box/trans/shifter with no input shaft/TO bearing chattering, silent engine lifters/pistons, and no whines from that Auburn.

car price

Post by car price » Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:08 pm

Thanks for all the input. It's great

Forgot to mention it has new slp rims and f1 tires with 4 k. Original rims and tires included.

It is a formula firehawk, not a transam firehawk. Does this make it worth less?

Firebrian

Post by Firebrian » Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:53 am

car price wrote:Thanks for all the input. It's great

Forgot to mention it has new slp rims and f1 tires with 4 k. Original rims and tires included.

It is a formula firehawk, not a transam firehawk. Does this make it worth less?

New rims and tires are a plus. One less thing for you to do. That means those orig tires had only 12,000 miles on them. Hopefully, they were replaced due to dry rot/cracking/age rather than being worn out. If there's still 30-50% of tread life left on those orig tires it would be one sign the car wasn't beat on.

The '99 formula FH is the rarer and lighter car as they only made 106 of them vs. 536 TA coupes. Those more into the performance side of these cars appreciate the lighter load and improved performance (sticker price less too). Less than half of the formula's came with TTops (lighter still). But I have to think "most" FH/WS6 owners prefer having the TTops plus all the bells and whistles. So while maybe the formula is thought as being not as desireable as the TA that might not always be the case down the road. There are advantages to both sides and something that each individual buyer has to assess. Being a '99 with 16K miles I don't think the Formula vs. TA difference is all that important vs. the actual condition of the car. I'm sure there are others around here that have owned the Formula's and can provide their unique insights into the 2 choices. They only made about 400 FH Coupe's from 1999-2002.

http://www.transamworld.com/1999-breakdown.htm