Looking for 10th ann hood stripes

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

DGUNone

Looking for 10th ann hood stripes

Post by DGUNone » Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:32 am

I bought a 10th anniversary firehawk (found in the following link) last May and I finally decided to register on this mesage board.
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=11774&p=70698&hilit ... owa#p70580

As posted in the subject line, I am searching for a set of original slp hood stripes for my car. If there were any way I could have a set made, that were identical to the originals, I would have them made. Although, I really don't know how easily that could be done. I would greatly appreciate any assistance.

Thank you all so much.

PontiacFan

Re: Looking for 10th ann hood stripes

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:24 pm

Welcome a'board', ..., 8)
Where ya located?
I know the former owner, if this is the same car I posted about, that was located in Fort Dodge last fall.

Not available, ..., You'll gave to have them painted on, ..., Or have a set made which may be difficult.

DGUNone

Post by DGUNone » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:30 am

Thank you, PontiacFan, for the welcoming and response.
I drove down to Fort Dodge from Brookings, South Dakota.
Yeah, I was thinking the stripes may need to be painted. I was hoping that someone, somewhere, had an extra set. The rear stripes are on the car and I actually found a receipt for them in with the car cover. This makes me think that the stripes were either taken off at the dealership or they needed to be replaced. The title is clean and there is no evidence of body work.
The car came with the original tips (in bubble wrap), the gold car cover in gold bag, deckmat, an extra set of brand new 10th floormats (in plastic), custom made plenum covers (corvette ones painted black with door decal painted on as well as #0427 / #096), and brand new (in plastic) t-top sun shades. I was also told that it was modified by Karl's Performance in Ankeny, IA. It has SLP headers, a mild cam, and a mild shift kit. There was no documentation provided.
I love the car and am very excited to get it out of the garage soon. If I can't find some stripes, than I will have some painted this fall as the car is incomplete without them.

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:32 pm

I know who made those fuel rail covers & head plate, ..., 8)

I have numerous photos of the approximate location of the existing stripes on my car.
If you want copies of the photos, send me a note with an email address.
They have not been available for purchase for many, ..., many years.
There was one side on Ebay a few years ago, ..., I should have bought one just for the hell of it then, ..., but didn't.
At least then someone could possibly send it thru a scanner & have a file for duplication, & simply mirror it for the other side.

Maybe DaveH has a file of some type that he could share to have some made?!?

I had seen a car from the Kansas City area where they had painted the stripes back on, & just feathered the edge out.
It didn't look too bad, but of course it was a bit different than stock.

I have the former owners email address.
Maybe you can contact him for some answers.