Board index
The Official Firehawk Message Board
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:47 am 

In the end all cars are only worth whatever someone is willing to pay...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:05 am 

It really doesn't matter anymore what people think about this Firehawk, as I will never sell this car. However, there are many out there of note that do agree with me like Mac Logan and SLP. The fact of the matter is that although this car is the bastard Firehawk of SLP and Ed Hamberg it doesn't make it any less of a Firehawk. All the other Firehawks may have numbers but thats all they have. This car has a great back story which is well documented and years from now will have the recognition it deserves as the very last Firehawk built by SLP. For now I will just ride off with my T-Tops down and my head held high. Happy motoring!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm 

Luckyhawk524 wrote:
this car is the bastard Firehawk of SLP and Ed Hamberg

Who?!?
Uhm, I think you need to do more research on the history of the cars.

Last edited by PontiacFan on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:28 pm 

I may have embellished a bit, I was trying to be poetic. You may be right I may not know much but I do know the history of this particular Firehawk and it is a Firehawk built by SLP.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm 

HawkLT1 wrote:

It matters quite a bit what others think when you're trying to sell it. Because the others are the one's who you would want to buy it. If you just want to keep it and enjoy it, then it really doesn't mean a thing what other people think.

It is verified by SLP. What more does a potential buyer need? It doesn't matter what someone thinks, it matters what can be proven.

'94 Hawk #110
Soon to be helping me make bad decisions again

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:12 pm 

I'm with Scott 100%.. it's proven and certified. It IS NOT a clone or a fake.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:39 pm 

Scott Chab wrote:
HawkLT1 wrote:

It matters quite a bit what others think when you're trying to sell it. Because the others are the one's who you would want to buy it. If you just want to keep it and enjoy it, then it really doesn't mean a thing what other people think.

It is verified by SLP. What more does a potential buyer need? It doesn't matter what someone thinks, it matters what can be proven.

Perhaps I should have been more clear since you want to nit pick everything. It does matter what others think IF that other person is the one who wants to buy the car then his thoughts would certainly make a difference. Perhaps it matters even more what the potential buyer thinks than the fact that SLP has verified the car. It seems that some people don't care what others think but a lot of people do and you can tell because they are the ones asking what do you think about (fill in the blank)? They want others thoughts and opinions and value them.

Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 am 

For the record the car was about to be sold for my asking price. The fact that it did not have a build number made no difference with the documentation I have. Even the Volo Auto Museum had no problem with it being a special one off build Firehawk. As a matter of fact, they said it made it special and added value. Only after the appraisal did I reconsider to keep this Firehawk. With luck I hope to own this special Firehawk FOREVER.

Regards,

Luckyhawk524

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:43 am 

Luckyhawk524 wrote:
For the record the car was about to be sold for my asking price... With luck I hope to own this special Firehawk FOREVER.

Huh?... sooooo, you want to sell it?... or you don't want to sell it? I've read through this entire thread and am now thoroughly confused as to what the point is! 8O

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3870881

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm 

It was for sale and now it is not. This post turned into a debate on its authenticity.

Happy Motoring!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 pm 

HawkLT1 wrote:
Scott Chab wrote:
HawkLT1 wrote:

Perhaps I should have been more clear since you want to nit pick everything. It does matter what others think IF that other person is the one who wants to buy the car then his thoughts would certainly make a difference. Perhaps it matters even more what the potential buyer thinks than the fact that SLP has verified the car. It seems that some people don't care what others think but a lot of people do and you can tell because they are the ones asking what do you think about (fill in the blank)? They want others thoughts and opinions and value them.

Nitpicking? Come on Bob. :roll:

'94 Hawk #110
Soon to be helping me make bad decisions again

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 pm 

I am the original owner of this Hawk.

Yes, it's real.
Yes, it's the last one ever built.
Yes, SLP has verified it.
Yes, it was built at SLP Troy on 11/25/02 and signed before it went out the door.

Yes, I miss it very much.

1LE,Auburn,mats,deck mat,portfolio,car cover