Board index
The Official Firehawk Message Board
It is currently Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:47 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 2591
Location: The Empire State
In the end all cars are only worth whatever someone is willing to pay...

_________________
I'm sorry that I failed you, sorry that I failed myself. Broken wings take time to mend :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:05 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 14
It really doesn't matter anymore what people think about this Firehawk, as I will never sell this car. However, there are many out there of note that do agree with me like Mac Logan and SLP. The fact of the matter is that although this car is the bastard Firehawk of SLP and Ed Hamberg it doesn't make it any less of a Firehawk. All the other Firehawks may have numbers but thats all they have. This car has a great back story which is well documented and years from now will have the recognition it deserves as the very last Firehawk built by SLP. For now I will just ride off with my T-Tops down and my head held high. Happy motoring!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:11 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2002 3:46 pm
Posts: 2590
Location: Kearney, NE
Luckyhawk524 wrote:
this car is the bastard Firehawk of SLP and Ed Hamberg


Who?!?
Uhm, I think you need to do more research on the history of the cars.


Last edited by PontiacFan on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:28 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 14
I may have embellished a bit, I was trying to be poetic. You may be right I may not know much but I do know the history of this particular Firehawk and it is a Firehawk built by SLP.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:44 pm
Posts: 3289
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
HawkLT1 wrote:


It matters quite a bit what others think when you're trying to sell it. Because the others are the one's who you would want to buy it. If you just want to keep it and enjoy it, then it really doesn't mean a thing what other people think.


It is verified by SLP. What more does a potential buyer need? It doesn't matter what someone thinks, it matters what can be proven.

_________________
'94 Hawk #110
Soon to be helping me make bad decisions again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:12 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 05, 2005 3:59 pm
Posts: 2591
Location: The Empire State
I'm with Scott 100%.. it's proven and certified. It IS NOT a clone or a fake.

_________________
I'm sorry that I failed you, sorry that I failed myself. Broken wings take time to mend :(


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2002 1:40 am
Posts: 1624
Location: Oskaloosa, IA
Scott Chab wrote:
HawkLT1 wrote:


It matters quite a bit what others think when you're trying to sell it. Because the others are the one's who you would want to buy it. If you just want to keep it and enjoy it, then it really doesn't mean a thing what other people think.


It is verified by SLP. What more does a potential buyer need? It doesn't matter what someone thinks, it matters what can be proven.




Perhaps I should have been more clear since you want to nit pick everything. It does matter what others think IF that other person is the one who wants to buy the car then his thoughts would certainly make a difference. Perhaps it matters even more what the potential buyer thinks than the fact that SLP has verified the car. It seems that some people don't care what others think but a lot of people do and you can tell because they are the ones asking what do you think about (fill in the blank)? They want others thoughts and opinions and value them.

_________________
Bob Deffenbaugh -
Originator of the west coast "FirehawkFest"
Board Moderator
Ex-Double Firehawk Owner
1993 #110 and 2002 #104


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:07 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 14
For the record the car was about to be sold for my asking price. The fact that it did not have a build number made no difference with the documentation I have. Even the Volo Auto Museum had no problem with it being a special one off build Firehawk. As a matter of fact, they said it made it special and added value. Only after the appraisal did I reconsider to keep this Firehawk. With luck I hope to own this special Firehawk FOREVER.

Regards,

Luckyhawk524


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:58 am
Posts: 125
Location: Land of Oz (KS)
Luckyhawk524 wrote:
For the record the car was about to be sold for my asking price... With luck I hope to own this special Firehawk FOREVER.

Huh?... sooooo, you want to sell it?... or you don't want to sell it? I've read through this entire thread and am now thoroughly confused as to what the point is! 8O

_________________
1993 Hawk # 143

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3870881


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Apr 10, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 14
It was for sale and now it is not. This post turned into a debate on its authenticity.

Happy Motoring!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2002 4:44 pm
Posts: 3289
Location: Wilmington, Delaware
HawkLT1 wrote:
Scott Chab wrote:
HawkLT1 wrote:


It matters quite a bit what others think when you're trying to sell it. Because the others are the one's who you would want to buy it. If you just want to keep it and enjoy it, then it really doesn't mean a thing what other people think.


It is verified by SLP. What more does a potential buyer need? It doesn't matter what someone thinks, it matters what can be proven.


Perhaps I should have been more clear since you want to nit pick everything. It does matter what others think IF that other person is the one who wants to buy the car then his thoughts would certainly make a difference. Perhaps it matters even more what the potential buyer thinks than the fact that SLP has verified the car. It seems that some people don't care what others think but a lot of people do and you can tell because they are the ones asking what do you think about (fill in the blank)? They want others thoughts and opinions and value them.


Nitpicking? Come on Bob. :roll:

_________________
'94 Hawk #110
Soon to be helping me make bad decisions again


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:42 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Mar 22, 2002 8:18 pm
Posts: 501
Location: PA
I am the original owner of this Hawk.

Yes, it's real.
Yes, it's the last one ever built.
Yes, SLP has verified it.
Yes, it was built at SLP Troy on 11/25/02 and signed before it went out the door.


Yes, I miss it very much.

_________________
Camino LS6
'02 Formula Hawk-Last Hawk built (11/25/02 @SLP-Troy) SOLD 1/19/07
Black/ebony cloth,M6,TCS,Hurst
1LE,Auburn,mats,deck mat,portfolio,car cover


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group