Looking to buy firehawk!!!!

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

armyguye4

Looking to buy firehawk!!!!

Post by armyguye4 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 pm

Hello my name is Jon and I am finally home from deployment and I am looking to buy a firehawk. Ok so what I am looking for....

1. Has to be a 2002 unless you have a 2001 tenth anniversary for sale.
2. Must be red or black preferably red
3. I would like under 50,000 miles
4. Must be a 6 speed
5. Slp options I would like the iroc spoiler, floor mats, trunk mat, and car cover. I am willing to work with almost any of these or if you have more options or less.
6. Price I would like to keep it about 18k or lower I can work with the price as well

If you have a car that is close to this description please pm me or you can call or text 616 706 8000. Any help or referral to a car would be great as well. I have been looking on the internet for about a year now but like stated above I have been deployed to Afghanistan for the past 9 months saving my pennies and researching. I will be in Wisconsin soon and I am willing to travel for the right car. I do have the money to buy. Thanks for taking the time and looking at my post. Have a good day.

Jon

Firebrian

Re: Looking to buy firehawk!!!!

Post by Firebrian » Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:37 pm

Good luck with your search. A red or black 6 speed 2002 Firehawk with under 50K miles and $18K or under should be no problem. I'd bet the going rate on a 45K mile example would be closer to $16K. And that's still strong money imo. The only problem will be finding the specific car with the options you desire in a car that is well cared for. Consider tires ($600+) and the AC system ($600+) for new compressor and lines as potential expenses. A lot of these cars are still running on their original compressors and with 40K+ miles, probably their 2nd set of tires nearing end of life. Other factors to consider would be the possible repair for bubbling roof panel paint which could run you over $1,000 for a new reproduction panel + labor. This will be an issue on cars that spend a lot of time outside in the sun and heat. Some brakes can be worn out as they hit the 40K to 50K mile mark. Better that the previous owner did all that than if you have to. I'm still surprised that in 2011-2012 you could have easily purchased a 30K mile 2002 Hawk for about $16K...$17K tops. It seems today they cost more...or at least sellers are asking for more. There's a reasonable chance you can run across one of these for almost no premium to a WS6. You just have to look hard and beat the bushes. If you're not intimately familiar with all the quirks and potential problems with a Tremec T56 I'd spend a few hours over at LS1tech.com reviewing the "manual trans" section. Lots of good info and tips you should be armed with before taking your first test drive.

Your best value imo is a Hawk with 20K to 35K miles. Once you cross the 50K threshold they become a tougher sell. Your 48K mile car today will be 50K+ miles next year. Some might even consider 40K to be a line in the sand. A 1 or 2 owner car is usually a better value than a 3-4 owner car, especially if you don't have to pay a premium for it. Be fussy on your selection as there are enough of these out there to choose from, especially in red or black. The strong demand for WS6's with under 20K to 35K miles tends to soften the demand for Firehawks in the 35K to 49K mile range. The mid-west has a concentration of these cars (IN, IL, OH, WI, MI, IA). That will help.

If it were me I wouldn't rule out NBM, white, silver, or pewter if the car had everything else I wanted. I actually like the look of white cars and it doesn't hurt that for 2002 Firehawk coupes it's actually scarcer than SOM. One plus is that all those hood chips don't show up near as much as they do with the other colors.

armyguye4

Post by armyguye4 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:29 pm

Hey I appreciate your advice. I have been researching these cars for a while now. I absolutely love the trans am. I actually have a 2000 white ws6 A4 I am selling so I can get a hawk. It is coming to the point where I finally can reasonably afford a firehawk so I might as well jump on it while I can. Especially since I got the wife's approval haha. So I do agree with you on the white, it definitely does look great. That's what led me to the TA I have now. But I do appreciate any help or advice anybody is willing to share. Like you said as well ls1tech.com has been my bible for picking and reviewing parts for a build. So I definitely agree. Again I appreciate your advice and thanks for taking the time to read.

laurenwebber

Post by laurenwebber » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:16 am

I have a certain car that meets your specifications but the color is white. If you can adjust with this color then we can have a discussion about this car.

armyguye4

Post by armyguye4 » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 pm

Hey I really appreciate your response about your hawk. But I am sorry I really need it to be red or black.

armyguye4

Post by armyguye4 » Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:56 pm

Finally found a hawk!!!!! It will be getting delivered Friday. Got a 2001 tenth anniversary 1LE with auburn.

slowbird780

Post by slowbird780 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:14 am

Good to hear, cant wait to see some pics!

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:03 am

Excellent! Congratulations on the new toy! 8)
Now we need more details! #? Pics? Location?
2015 Rally is just around the corner! Be there! :lol:

armyguye4

Post by armyguye4 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:02 pm

I found it down in illinois it is being transported to Wisconsin. It is firehawk 433 and 10th number 99. It has 44,000 miles and in great shape. I will have pictures to follow when it gets here.

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Thu Aug 14, 2014 2:08 pm

Edit/Delete :lol:
Last edited by PontiacFan on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

armyguye4

Post by armyguye4 » Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:56 pm

Sorry correction on the tenth hawk number. It is 100.