2002 SOM FORMULA FIREHAWK #0685 THINKING ABOUT SELLING

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

My Custom S

2002 SOM FORMULA FIREHAWK #0685 THINKING ABOUT SELLING

Post by My Custom S » Sun May 03, 2015 3:33 pm

Hello Folks,

I'm "toying" with the idea of selling my 2002 SOM Formula Firehawk M6. It's in the registry and I've owned it for almost 3 years. It has just a tick under 17,000 miles and is in excellent condition. Everyone on here knows how special these cars are, especially the SOM's in Formula trim. The only reason why I'm considering selling it is because the car sits a lot under a cover in my garage and I just don't want to put miles on it, plus I'm into old '60's vintage Pontiacs and not so much these "new" cars. This car was previously owned by "Nineball" Tony and I purchased it from a lawyer in Puerto Rico. I actually went there and saw the car before I made an offer on it. One of 16 in this combination.

Email me at mcortelli@pentaengr.com if you have any interest and I can send you more information or pictures. Literally the only things I've done to it is put a skip-shift eliminator in it, new AC DELCO battery (this week), aluminum power steering pulley (that's another story), K&N air filter, and silicone air intake bellows. I replaced the CCW wheels that Nineball had on the car and put a beautiful set of factory chrome wheels back on it with brand new NITTO 555 tires.

Again, not super motivated but it's spring and I felt like now may be the time to see if someone else wants it more that I do. Let me know what you think it's worth, I have a number in my head.

Thank you and have a great cruising season!

Matt C.
Waxhaw, NC

Firebrian

Re: 2002 SOM FORMULA FIREHAWK #0685 THINKING ABOUT SELLING

Post by Firebrian » Sun May 03, 2015 8:48 pm

I remember seeing that car for sale either on Ebay or autotrader....hard to miss an ultra low mileage SOM formula WS6 out of Puerto Rico. I remember the advertised price too and it was a great deal at the time....if you could navigate the travel back and forth from Puerto Rico. And if you negotiated lower, even better. Nice to see the car on the mainland where it's open to a larger audience. Good luck with the sale. You'll get 10X the interest with that car advertised on Autotrader, Ebay, and Carsonline.com. Within the last year I recall seeing a 22K mile 2002 SOM TTop fetch $20K-$22K on Ebay. That was strong money. Can't recall if it was an M6 or an A4. It was talked about on LS1Tech.com. That may be another "free" place to gauge interest. Good luck.