Doomed Deal on a 95 Hawk - everyone beware of Atgl

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

FastmoverUSMC

Doomed Deal on a 95 Hawk - everyone beware of Atgl

Post by FastmoverUSMC » Sat Dec 30, 2000 3:16 am

I had a deal on a 95 Firehawk...price was agreed on, paperwork was signed and sent - all the seller had to do was sign so my bank could pay off his bank and it was a done deal. Turns out the car was not getting "serviced for the trip down to me", but was actually getting the body repaired since the seller had a little accident that he wasn't going to tell me about - he just planned on fixing it and seeing if I could tell! Anyway - I hope he's happy, because he took me out of the market so I didn't buy one of the other fine examples many of you are selling. I needed to purchase a car so I ended up with a 97, no big deal but I would have preferred a 95 (OBDI is easier to work with). I guess my point is that this guy screwed me out of getting the car I wanted and screwed you all out of selling your car for a fair price. The seller did give me $75 to help cover expenses on the botched deal - which is about 1/3 of what all the long distance phone calls, FedEx charges and the charge my bank assessed to switch the loan after it was a done deal - BFD...!!!

To anyone dealing with this kid in ATGLEN, PA - beware...anyone who would tell me on the phone that the car was perfect and negotiate a price, only to ask for more money and ultimately back out because the car was fricken wrecked and he thought he could get away with not telling anyone, is probably a person that will lie to someone else too.

BTW - I love my new-to-me car...I've installed an LT-4 crate motor and am working on a new McCleod clutch and some 4.10s right now!

Mac

Re: Doomed Deal on a 95 Hawk - everyone beware of

Post by Mac » Sat Dec 30, 2000 8:26 pm

What number Firehawk was that? - I'll make sure the damage gets documented to the car.

Mac Logan
FAOA Database Dude

Eric

Post by Eric » Tue Jan 02, 2001 12:45 pm

This is the other guy in PA that sent you pictures of 95' Firehawk #31. Just wanted to drop a note a say that sorry things didn't work out with the other Hawk. Wish you could have stopped and saw mine on your way passing through PA. Good luck with your 97'

Eric

Jack Schulze

Post by Jack Schulze » Wed Jan 03, 2001 12:16 am

I dealt with this same kid in PA. He was a farmer's son and seemed real straight forward but backed out on dealing when I tried to negotiate with him. He listed his price as negotiable but would not negotiate and gave me some lame excuse about his friend saying that he could get more after he had listed a price...

FastmoverUSMC

That's the guy! Sounds like his MO...

Post by FastmoverUSMC » Wed Jan 10, 2001 11:24 am

I don't remember what number it was...5xx....sorry. I'll do some rechecking when I get home tonight and post the production number if I can find it.

FastmoverUSMC

The SLP production number was #530 - 1995 Firehawk

Post by FastmoverUSMC » Wed Jan 10, 2001 2:33 pm

Hopefully this won't happen to anyone else.