FS: LT1 OEM SLP Firehawk Hood

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

SupahRich

FS: LT1 OEM SLP Firehawk Hood

Post by SupahRich » Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:34 pm

Hey guys, I have an OEM Firehawk hood for sale for the '93-'97 Firebirds. The condition of the hood is great, the bottom of the hood is still the original forest green (the exact color name slips my name) and the top portion is currently sanded down and primered. A small amount of wet sanding is all that would be needed to prepare this hood for paint.

(story of how I came across an OEM Firehawk hood)

I do not know 100% for sure what year of Firehawk this came off of however. I was originally told this was a '96 OEM WS6 hood when I purchased it approx. 5 years ago for a project '93 T/A I was building. I started to prep the top for paint when I picked up a '99 T/A and sold the '93. The hood has sat in storage for close to 5 years now, I never bothered to compare this hood side by side with a WS6 to make sure it was one... I just knew this hood looked great when I pre-fit it on the '93 :D. I met up with a guy at F-body Motorsports today to sell the hood to him under the assumption it was a WS6 hood. One of their body guys took a look at it and said it was an OEM Firehawk hood and showed me an aftermarket Firehawk hood on one of their shop cars to illustrate. Unfortunately he has his heart set on a WS6 hood so here I am with this hood up for sale. The body guy also stated that the hood was in great shape and referred me to a site such as this to see if any of you guys would be interested :D. I can put you in contact with him if you would like to speak with him about its condition as well.

From what I understand the only way to get an OEM Firehawk hood is to have a VIN, correct? I'm not even sure if the LT1 style hoods are still available for sale or not. This hood is in great condition, the hood is very smooth and has no cracks in it. The only defect is two VERY small nicks on the back corners of the hood where it had rubbed against the body of the '93 T/A. The nicks are very minimal and any competent body shop or amatuer would be able to fill them in.

Pictures will be taken of the hood tomorrow and posted up for you Firehawk experts to take a look at and validate for me that it is infact OEM :D. I just want to get the word out for anyone interested. I'm a co-leader for Triad F-body and have many references if needed to prove that I'm not out to rip anyone off. Feel free to e-mail me at supahrich@gmail.com with any questions you may have. I can take pictures of any side/angle of the hood you'd like. I'm located in Greensboro, NC and would be willing to ship it.

As for the asking price... I honestly have no idea what an OEM Firehawk hood is worth? I'll do some more research to see what a fair price would be on it and then we can discuss.

SupahRich

Post by SupahRich » Fri Jul 28, 2006 6:49 pm

Sorry it's taken me a few days to get the pics uploaded. I noticed another smaller defect on the underside of the hood... it's located on the drivers side of the hood on the edge of the raised area by where the hood latches. The defect is very small as you can see and would not be visible once the hood was installed. The other two defects previously mentioned are basically just "rub" marks where the hood had rubbed against the body of the Trans AM I previously had it installed on.

The hood appears rough due to the various shade of primer and paint but the hood is smooth with no waves, dips, etc etc. Give it one last wet sanding before primer and this thing will be smooth as glass!

hawk 525 & 593

Hood

Post by hawk 525 & 593 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:56 am

How far are you for I-85. I'd like to get a extra hood for my three Firehawks. I'm in Georgia but my cousin live in N.C. & I could get him to pick the hood up for me. E-mail me at phatmat@bellsouth.net.

Charles
94 hardtop
95 conv
95 conv

SupahRich

Post by SupahRich » Sun Jul 30, 2006 12:14 pm

Which area of NC does your cousin live? I-85 runs right by Greensboro... I live about 10 minutes away from it. I'll send an e-mail your way as well :)

1badchicken

Re: FS: LT1 OEM SLP Firehawk Hood

Post by 1badchicken » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:04 pm

How much for the hood? pm me a price. I'm in Texas but i'm coming to NC in 7 days and can pick up. I wish it was still all green, this is the color i need.

SupahRich

Post by SupahRich » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:22 pm

I'm honestly not sure what the hood is worth since a majority of hoods I see up for sale are aftermarket. If you'd like, you can PM me with an offer and perhaps we can work something out. Which part of NC will you be traveling to? And at least the underside is still green, it'll cut down the cost of a paint job!

If any of you Firehawk guys happen to know what a fair price would be on the hood, feel free to post up :D.

I e-mailed Charles as he requested but haven't heard back yet so as of right now the hood is still available.

1badchicken

Post by 1badchicken » Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:27 pm

SupahRich wrote:I'm honestly not sure what the hood is worth since a majority of hoods I see up for sale are aftermarket. If you'd like, you can PM me with an offer and perhaps we can work something out. Which part of NC will you be traveling to? And at least the underside is still green, it'll cut down the cost of a paint job!

If any of you Firehawk guys happen to know what a fair price would be on the hood, feel free to post up :D.

I e-mailed Charles as he requested but haven't heard back yet so as of right now the hood is still available.
Shelby actually right outside of Charlotte. and as far as the price I'm thinking 400. it might be cheaper for me just to have mine re glassed and finished though because yours needs to be repaired also

SupahRich

Post by SupahRich » Sun Jul 30, 2006 9:24 pm

I'm not all that far from Charlotte, from the northern side it takes about a 1hr 15 min to get to my place. I don't have a truck otherwise I could just meet up with you half-way. Like I said, no one has told me for sure that they want the hood yet so it's still up for grabs.

SupahRich

Post by SupahRich » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:35 pm

Still several people have expressed interest but no one has called 'dibs' on it yet.

Heavy-Driver

Post by Heavy-Driver » Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:34 am

If still available, please give me a total price shipped to zip 70072Â…IÂ’ll pick it up at the local freight dock if sent via a truck freight company or with UPS/Fedex Ground, whichever is cheaper.

Email me at heavy_driver@netzero.net

1badchicken

Post by 1badchicken » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:57 am

DOES ANY ONE KNOW THIS PERSON, I PAID FOR THIS HOOD IN JANUARY AND I STILL DON'T HAVE IT. HE SEEMS VERY NICE, BUT POSSIBLY PREOCCUPIED. EITHER WAY I DON'T HAVE MY HOOD!!!!

WS6RAMAIR

Post by WS6RAMAIR » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:47 am

Rich is a great guy, however very busy though. He is good for his word, you will get your hood.

1badchicken

Post by 1badchicken » Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:21 am

yes, I would surely agree with you, He seems very buisy. Which being in the Army I can see both sides. I was just starting to get concerned. I have never been ripped off. Lately it seems every one is getting there money taken. But I will say he does seem like a very great individual. I know he does a lot of traveling. It's just he said my hood would be shipped last week and I never heard from him again and the body shop kicked my hawk out and it cost me $70 bucks in towing fees, because I couldn't get it painted :cry:

1badchicken

Post by 1badchicken » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:31 pm

Image````[/img]

1badchicken

Post by 1badchicken » Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:33 pm