I looking lebra for TA 99

Got something to sell (car related, please)? List it here!

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

malanche

I looking lebra for TA 99

Post by malanche » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:41 pm

Hi, I looking lebra for TA 99 with superhawk (hood) thanks

99 Hawk #563

Post by 99 Hawk #563 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 12:51 am

what?
Stupidity costs money. How dumb can you afford to be?

MCKNBRD

Post by MCKNBRD » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:31 am

You might be able to use a stock TA front end cover...just have a trusted upholstery shop trim around the nostrils...

I see you're here from Mexico City...welcome!

Byrdman
Former Owner...
2001 Trans Am Firehawk #302 of 540
1995 Formula

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Wed Jan 17, 2007 10:35 am

Firehawk specific bras are hard to come by. (But I've got one I use for long road trips! Fits very nice. No, I won't sell it.)

But look into this one, ...
http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39250

As Byrd mentioned above, you could probably make it work.

blkhwk

Post by blkhwk » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:49 pm

Pont. :?:

How do you keep it from skuffing the paint?
Black 02 FireHawk #0691
Blk/Blk all options except 1LE
Plus custom 427 and some other goodies

PontiacFan

Post by PontiacFan » Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:48 pm

blkhwk wrote:Pont. :?:

How do you keep it from skuffing the paint?
It doesn't scuff the paint that I've ever noticed. And you know how detail oriented I am. (Read 'anal', yes you can call me an ass, everyone else has sometime!, ..., :lol: )
I've only used it on my road trip to Norwalk & back once, & to Gretna last year. It's not an item that stays on the car.
It's very tight fitting & has a nice soft backing.
Yes it's a Colgan brand.
I'll look at it & see if theres a part number tag.
Edit: Colgan PR1038-1
(The LeBra is the one I have for the Fiero.)

colgancustom.com
P1038 /P1038-1, ..., Depends on adders like Fog Light openings, & License Plate openings.
$139.50 plus s&h
Last edited by PontiacFan on Sun Jan 21, 2007 2:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

blkhwk

Post by blkhwk » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:48 pm

8)

I have seen a few cars to where the bra had rubbed clear through the paint over time. Probably just lack of adjustment. Due to that reason I have been scared of them.

I have a few minor chips on the front of my car and honestly don't know what to do to prevent them or if there is a good way to repair them. Of course there is touch up paint but to me that is nearly as obvious as the chip.
Black 02 FireHawk #0691

Bowtie_Z28

Post by Bowtie_Z28 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:15 am

If you can find something on that P/N that would be awesome as I have been searching for one for my hawk as well....long trips are not nice :(
2001 T/A 'Hawk #0143
SOM, Manual, 4.10 Gears, Hurst Shifter, SLP Lid, Pacesetter Coated Non-Emissions Long Tube Headers, True Dual Exhaust with Dumps, Chrome 17x9 Firehawk wheels, Firehawk floor mats, SLP Custom Fit Cover, Black Leather, T-tops.

sleepinghawk

Post by sleepinghawk » Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:51 am

I don't know if this fits the Super hawk hood, but I bought this
http://www.afterthoughtsauto.com/colcuspontra.html
I pretty much kept it on day and night. Put 15,000 miles on it. I made sure I pulled it off every couple of weeks and waxed mainly the front of my car, checking for scratches and dirt and fine sand. No problems at all. I have no chips, or scratches, thanks to this bra.
As far as can a bra scratch? YES they can, and I will give you the reason why it happened to my sons, pontiac gtp (black) He bought the one which didn't cost much, called le bra, I believe. Did not fit tight, which was the main reason along with lack of cleaning. The front of his car has deep lines in the paint where the bra moved up and down. They work but like anything if you don't take proper care they cause more problems. The colgan is a tight tight fit! :lol: I do not have the carbon fiber one. Mike
Fquick Page
My Cardomain site

2002 Trans am FireHawk #1426

blkhwk

Post by blkhwk » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:07 pm

Thanks 8) I'll check into one. I need to nip these chips in the butt.
Black 02 FireHawk #0691

sleepinghawk

Post by sleepinghawk » Sat Jan 20, 2007 11:07 pm

blkhwk wrote:Thanks 8) I'll check into one. I need to nip these chips in the butt.

I had a 2002 silver transam that the wife drove as a dd, on interstate everyday. The car had chips and that's why I bought the Bra for the hawk. I saw the chips first hand, don't want them. I got the bra off now, it's been about 1 month. It's going back on shortly, snow is coming :lol:
Fquick Page
My Cardomain site

2002 Trans am FireHawk #1426

JR HAWK 9

Post by JR HAWK 9 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:00 am

I have had the Colgan bra now for almost the cars entire life (always took it off when washing and polishing) and last summer I decided to take it off and leave it off for a while. I went on a little road trip and when I got back I already started to see the results of what interstate driving does to the paint. I had a bunch of little tiny marks. My Menzerna waxes/polishes and orbital buffer took everything out and made it look like new but I will be putting it back on for any kind of highway driving from now on. I have 60,000 miles on the car and the front end doesn't have one chip in it. The hood, however, is another story, as I have a few little ones in that :(

I did notice some minor marring of the clearcoat around the seams after awhile from abrasion (came right out with some elbow grease) so what I will be doing is putting on some blue painters tape under the bra where the seams are in order to fix that issue. I used to have some of that 3M Clearmask stuff where the seams were, but it looked like heck when the bra was off so that's why I hardly ever took it off except for when I washed/polished the car. Using the painters tape will allow me to be able to remove it and the bra more often for when I am not on the highway.

02hawk796

Post by 02hawk796 » Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:19 am

has anybody tried saran wrap as a buffer?
I know some people use saran wrap as a protectant. If applied to clean surface, apparently does not collect dirt or scuff. Would this be a good idea for under the bra? I haven't had a bra since my 280ZX. Wish I had one for the Hawk.
2002 T/A Firehawk Convertible #0796 BlackEbonyBlack 6-spd, WI Plate "OH2 HAWK"
GM: TCS, Hurst, 12CD, Last of the Breed
SLP: Bilstein, Chromes, Cover, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat, Portfolio
SLP After: Skip-shift Eliminator, Customized Rear Deck Mat