Third brake light repair?

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

luvmy02hawk

Third brake light repair?

Post by luvmy02hawk » Mon Sep 06, 2010 5:44 pm

I have two led's out in my 2002 'Hawk SLP rear decklid spoiler. Any one have an idea how to fix them? How do you even get them out? Does the whole lid have to be removed? It's NOT the higher wing type spoiler. I did a bit of online searching but didn't really find out much. My baby is getting close to 50,000 miles and little things are popping up here and there! Thanks for any help!
'02 Red Firehawk Car# 610,SLP Long Tube Headers & SLP Loudmouth. SLP Spoiler, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat,Cert. of Birth, Embroidered Headrests, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, Tinted Windows, Firehawk Banner, Last Of Breed Badging, & SLP Logo

PontiacFan

Re: Third brake light repair?

Post by PontiacFan » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:08 pm

I don't think I've ever seen where someone has repaired them.
You might be the first, so if ya do, ya might wanna document & share on here!

You can buy the whole thing on Ebay. DaveH has'em up for sale.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OEM-GM-S ... ccessories

Kimaugh

Post by Kimaugh » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:52 am

luvmy02hawk wrote:I have two led's out in my 2002 'Hawk SLP rear decklid spoiler. Any one have an idea how to fix them? How do you even get them out? Does the whole lid have to be removed? It's NOT the higher wing type spoiler. I did a bit of online led lights manufacturers searching but didn't really find out much. My baby is getting close to 50,000 miles and little things are popping up here and there! Thanks for any help!

No idea about this problem. My led lights are working well and no problem faced yet.

luvmy02hawk

Post by luvmy02hawk » Wed Aug 08, 2012 4:41 pm

I did end up replacing the whole LED light assembly. The worst part of the job was getting the SLP spoiler off the car...who knew double sided sticky tape was SO FRIGGIN' strong! After that is was a pretty straight foward repair. But I am trying to replace the individual LED's in the old light assembly. Actually I had 4 out...so I bought some LED's from Radio Shack to try to replace the burned out ones...I haven't finished that project yet. I just bought a set of sun visors to replace my driver's side visor...the plastic mirror cover broke off! I don't even use the mirror?! 10 years old and starting to nickle and dime me! But I still love her!
'02 Red Firehawk Car# 610,SLP Long Tube Headers & SLP Loudmouth. SLP Spoiler, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat,Cert. of Birth, Embroidered Headrests, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, Tinted Windows, Firehawk Banner, Last Of Breed Badging, & SLP Logo