Turn signal/parking lamps

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

jcarr

Turn signal/parking lamps

Post by jcarr » Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:20 pm

I am looking for some direction on fixing my turn signal/parking lamps. I have replaced the housings which were warped and allowing moisture inside that was blowing bulbs. I have replaced the bulbs and now have the following situation.
Front right- no parking light, turn signal works, hazard works
Front left- parking light works, no turn signal, no hazard
Please advise.
Thanks
Justin

Mike LT4

Re: Turn signal/parking lamps

Post by Mike LT4 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:22 pm

You may want to supply more information. Did the problems you are having in the front lights start only after you replaced the housings? Take into consideration which bulbs were blowing before, and which ones are giving you trouble now. Did the car blow bulbs when you aquired it, or did they start sometime later? Are there any modifications/splices in the wiring harness to the housings?

Possibly the turn signal switch? Wild guess only. Good luck.

jcarr

Re: Turn signal/parking lamps

Post by jcarr » Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Mike LT4 wrote:You may want to supply more information. Did the problems you are having in the front lights start only after you replaced the housings? Take into consideration which bulbs were blowing before, and which ones are giving you trouble now. Did the car blow bulbs when you aquired it, or did they start sometime later? Are there any modifications/splices in the wiring harness to the housings?

Possibly the turn signal switch? Wild guess only. Good luck.
Stock harness. Started having problems with condensation in the housings and blowing bulbs on both sides around the same time. Both sockets look pretty black inside and appear to have been very hot at some point. Had a problem with my switch in my GM pickup and does not appear to be the case with my Firehawk. Sockets are reasonable, so I will probably replace and report back.
Thanks
Justin