Diff cover. AAM vs. T/A

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

zmaro

Re: Diff cover. AAM vs. T/A

Post by zmaro » Wed Jan 18, 2012 3:56 pm

I got the LPW Ultimate cover, which allows the addition of their axle tube brace kit in the future.
'01 Formula Hardtop

sleepinghawk

Post by sleepinghawk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:32 pm

redhawk wrote:What about the TA cover? Is there anything that needs modified to install it?
I had no problems with my TA cover.
Fquick Page
My Cardomain site

2002 Trans am FireHawk #1426

02 BlackHawk

Post by 02 BlackHawk » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:15 pm

SLPhawk wrote:That AAM cover came stock on 96-97 cars that had the Torsen rear end from SLP.
It also came stock on the 2002 cars with the Auburn diff. (that's what I had on my car), although the drain plug was not included from the factory. I had a friend who owned a performance shop drill my stock AAM cover to add a drain plug the first month after I got the car............saved myself $90.00 + shipping at the time :D
2010 SC572 Callaway Camaro SS
2002 Trans Am Firehawk #C026 (SOLD)

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:10 pm

redhawk wrote:What about the TA cover? Is there anything that needs modified to install it?
This thread got me fired up enough to go out and buy the TA cover! (I had put a LPW on my last project, a 79 Elcamino.) The instructions don't mention anything out of the ordinary to install it. They are actually pretty good and give all torque specs. The outfit I bought mine from also offers a upgraded ARP bearing cap stud kit that I opted for..........just made sense to me to get that also as i will "be there" anyhow. :)
I'm EVERYWHERE Dragan! :lol:

'02 WS6

Post by '02 WS6 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:27 am

Well I thought I was gonna go TA girdle....but I helped a good friend move that owned a hdtp white SS a while back. We were moving his toolbox and low and behold we find a box with a part he had ordered through SLP. As a gift for me helping him move he gave it to me.

Haven't decided if I will actually run it it not, or sell it to fund other needs. Just thought it was humorous to have a brand new, unused cover like that fall into my lap. Also got a Lou's short stick for my Pro 5.0 shifter I received yesterday. Win/Win!!
2008 G8 GT - The "Family" Car
2002 Formula Firehawk #1072
2002 WS6 - ASC #12116 Built LS6 - Sold 12/2010
1998 Formula - Sold 11/2011

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:00 am

'02 WS6 wrote:Well I thought I was gonna go TA girdle....but I helped a good friend move that owned a hdtp white SS a while back. We were moving his toolbox and low and behold we find a box with a part he had ordered through SLP. As a gift for me helping him move he gave it to me.

Haven't decided if I will actually run it it not, or sell it to fund other needs. Just thought it was humorous to have a brand new, unused cover like that fall into my lap. Also got a Lou's short stick for my Pro 5.0 shifter I received yesterday. Win/Win!!
Wow! Score! Last time I helped a friend move, all I ended up with was an empty fuel tank and a sore bacK! :lol:
I'm EVERYWHERE Dragan! :lol: