What Air Filter

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

lakeratiam

What Air Filter

Post by lakeratiam » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Ok, so I didn't get the Firehawk supplement manual (or the Pontiac owners manual for that matter) with the 95 Hawk I just got and the air filter doesn't really look right. Can someone please tell me what filter it takes? K&N # or equivalent would be fine. Also the rubber seal that seals the hood to the air box is MIA as well. Can someone please also show me a picture of what it is supposed to look like? Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
I'm EVERYWHERE Dragan! :lol:

BLACK-HAWK

Re: What Air Filter

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:18 pm

2001#194 (Unicorn)

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:41 pm

BLACK-HAWK wrote:should be:k&n s/n 33-2035

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss? ... n++33-2035
Thanks Blackhawk! :D Is the top part of the air box supposed to be up and off of the the element part of the filter? ie, it only touches or clamps down on the rubber part only?

BLACK-HAWK

Post by BLACK-HAWK » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:33 am

it's been a few years since i've actually looked at my air box. i'm pretty sure the only part that touches is what you have have described. the thicker rubber flange of the filter is what seals/ touches between both 1/2's of the box when assembled.
2001#194 (Unicorn)

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Mon Apr 23, 2012 10:40 am

I fought with poor-fitting reusable filters for a few years and eventually went back to a good old paper filter. I don't need to squeeze every single bit of power out of my car and it is a lot easier to take the old one out and pop the new one in and know it'll fit.
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:36 pm

Scott Chab wrote:I fought with poor-fitting reusable filters for a few years and eventually went back to a good old paper filter. I don't need to squeeze every single bit of power out of my car and it is a lot easier to take the old one out and pop the new one in and know it'll fit.
I am definitely open for suggestion on this and I can see the rational in your approach. So what is a good part # for a a quality disposable filter tat you use? The filter that came in the car is a reusable but, it doesn't seem to really fit correctly.

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:37 pm

BLACK-HAWK wrote:it's been a few years since i've actually looked at my air box. i'm pretty sure the only part that touches is what you have have described. the thicker rubber flange of the filter is what seals/ touches between both 1/2's of the box when assembled.
Thanks! :D