Clutch Pedal

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

luvmy02hawk

Clutch Pedal

Post by luvmy02hawk » Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:21 am

Hi guys...So my clutch started acting funny last night. It only comes up from the floor about half way now?! I can still shift into all my gears but it is noticably harder. No grinding or anything. Anyone have any ideas? This is a 2002 Firehawk with the M6 with about 52,000 fun miles on her! Just got it back from the paint shop to take care of the nostril cracks and now this...well...she is 10 years old now...lol! Any advice would be great before I have to take it to the mechanic!

Might be too late now...just tried to move the car...could barely get it out of gear and now can't get it into any gear! I read the tech notes from the LS1 forum...sounds like the first step is to change out the fluid...after that I think it might be up to my mechanic as I am not that mechanically inclined.
'02 Red Firehawk Car# 610,SLP Long Tube Headers & SLP Loudmouth. SLP Spoiler, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat,Cert. of Birth, Embroidered Headrests, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, Tinted Windows, Firehawk Banner, Last Of Breed Badging, & SLP Logo

lakeratiam

Re: Clutch Pedal

Post by lakeratiam » Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:54 pm

Did the fluid get too low? If it did, going to have to bleed the air out of the system, if not, then the slave cylinder may be shot.
I'm EVERYWHERE Dragan! :lol:

HawkFanatic

Post by HawkFanatic » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:43 am

I just started this process with my car as well. Bled the clutch using Amsoil 600 series fluid last night, and the condition improved about 80%. Hopefully that buys me enough time until I have to start replacing parts. Only 32k on the car BTW.
1999 Trans Am Firehawk #0548 of 719
NBM, Taupe M6

STB, SFC's, LS6 Intake, SS Headers, Y-Pipe, Lid, MAF, Bellows, Short Stick, Strano/Koni, UMI PHB, LEDs, HIDs

luvmy02hawk

Post by luvmy02hawk » Mon Jun 04, 2012 5:31 pm

Well my baby is in the shop now...hopefully to be looked at tomorrow. It was wierd though...If I had the car running I couldn't get it into gear...but if I put it into gear BEFORE I started it...no problem! So I started off to the garage...about a 30 minute drive for me...clutch pedal still only coming up from the floor about halfway...but shifting fine...then halfway there the pedal pushed my foot back and it was like nothing was ever wrong! The shop mentioned possibly a throw out bearing...guess we will wait and see! The fluid level was full...although pretty black I must say...did the clutch test where you put it into a high gear, apply the parking break, and let out the clutch to see if it stalls...it stalled...no slipping thank fully!
'02 Red Firehawk Car# 610,SLP Long Tube Headers & SLP Loudmouth. SLP Spoiler, Floor Mats, Rear Deck Mat,Cert. of Birth, Embroidered Headrests, SLP Skip Shift Eliminator, Tinted Windows, Firehawk Banner, Last Of Breed Badging, & SLP Logo

jzava50

Post by jzava50 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:49 pm

I kinda the same issue and was just about to post it up. My car ha 23k on it , I was getting on it pretty good and noticed my clutch pedal was only coming up half way. Still shifted fine but really felt weird . I pulled the clutch pedal with my foot and stayed up normally. Any ideas?
~2002 TRANS-AM FIREHAWK
~PEWTER METTALIC
~#0078
~24K MILES
~6 SPEED
~CAMMED
~SLOTTTED AND DRILLED ROTORS
~BMR SUB FRAMES
~AUBURN REAR DIFF - HARDENED 3:73
~SLP LONG TUBES
~OFF ROAD PIPE
~LOWERED 1 1/2 INCH