Removing carpet from 4th gen. Any links to instructions?

Post your comments & questions

Moderators: FAOA Administrators, FAOA Moderators

Scott Chab

Removing carpet from 4th gen. Any links to instructions?

Post by Scott Chab » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:51 pm

I haven't been able to find any. I want to take the rug out and have a set of SFCs welded in and then put a new carpet back in.
'94 Hawk #110
Back on the road helping me make bad decisions again

lakeratiam

Re: Removing carpet from 4th gen. Any links to instructions

Post by lakeratiam » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:24 pm

I haven't seen any links but I have looking over/working on mine to see what I will need to do when FedEx guy shows up and from what I can tell....pretty much anything that sits on or over laps the carpet has to be removed....the seats both front and rear, seat belts, console, (already out of mine) front kick panels, rear interior quarter panels etc......none of it very difficult, just some what time consuming. I am working on doing most the interior, upper dash, seat upholstery, carpet, head liner and visors, and T top sun shields.
I'm EVERYWHERE Dragan! :lol:

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 pm

Yeah, I can tell what needs to be taken out, just not how. I don't want to start yanking on interior panels and take the chance on cracking something.

I've never taken an interior apart before. I know it shouldn't be difficult but I just want to do it right.
'94 Hawk #110

fb_rider

Post by fb_rider » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:50 am

I would think that just the seats, belts, console, and rocker panel covers are necessary to take out. You should be able to just tuck under most everything else.
1977 Trans Am W72 SE (sold)
1999 Trans Am 30th Anniversary number 953 (sold)
2000 Trans Am Firehawk number 263 (sold)

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:30 pm

I've seen bad carpet replacements. I want to do it right and not tuck anything anywhere.
'94 Hawk #110

lakeratiam

Post by lakeratiam » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:09 pm

Scott Chab wrote:I've seen bad carpet replacements. I want to do it right and not tuck anything anywhere.
I saw a "Body Assembly Manual" go on ebay a while back, something like that might help........I've just been looking for any screws/bolts I can find anywhere.......some of the stuff does "snap" into place and have screws too.....(a pillar trim) I remove the screws first and then give a light tug to see if there is anything else holding and then apply some gentle pressure......front seats/seat belts and console are pretty straight forward..they just bolt/screw in place............. front kick panels snap in place....haven't pulled the rear qtrs or the back seats yet....maybe this week end..........
I'm EVERYWHERE Dragan! :lol:

Scott Chab

Post by Scott Chab » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:12 pm

Thanks.
'94 Hawk #110

tazman71

Post by tazman71 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:52 am

I stripped a camaro a couple months back.

The hardest thing to remove were the hooks on the rear side panels. Use a small flat blade screwdriver into the slot and pry up and pull out on the tab at the same time. Takes a little pressure, but will work.

Then the hook just slides out. Rear seat is pretty easy, just a few bolts. Console removal was the hardest. Also, remove the bracket that goes from the bottom of the dash to the floor.
02 Firehawk TA #1237
Black/Black, 1LE, Chrome wheels, Auburn
95 Firehawk #361
Hurst, TOTL, FLP headers, 4.10 Strange 12 bolt, UMI suspension, LT4 HOTCAM, ported stock heads, 52mm Throttle Body, ATI Procharger,
70 Chevelle SS 396
70 Z28 Camaro in pieces